Jedi Academy map conversion trouble

I was looking into another JO to JA map conversion.  The map for JO was released on JK2 files in 2008 but I was unable to make a version for Jedi Academy.  In the 2008 release I did try to make the conversion but the map hangs when loading during the bsp loading phase.  I was taking another look at it today and recompiled the map to try to get it to work but the same thing happens.  It starts to load but just sits there doing nothing.  I never received an error during the compile or anything like that.  Works just fine for JO but JA won't load the map.

eDITED.....

Chances are the problem is in the entities somewhere. (I removed all the assets besides the map and it still didn't run.) Try removing all entities except for an info_player_start and see if that makes it run. If so, bisect the entities to find the culprit(s).

I did some hunting and it looked like the problem was coming from the tunnels.  I thought I had narrowed it down to the main room for the tunnels.  This is a tough problem to track down and I have compiled about 20 different solutions with none of them working for a fix.  I am going to put this project on hold for a while it looks like.  I might come back to it later after I get some other projects done.