Server files download very slow

At the moment im using ja+ with autodownload so ppl can download map files and pk3 files of ja+

The prob is that ppl download at 9kpbs and my hosting company told me that Jk3 is limiting the dl speed

Anyway to work it around?

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

JO uses the same method as JA. JA+ uses fast HTTP downloads, which can also be added to JK2, but probably not by a QVM mod.

Yeah but I was asking about the way it works. 'Cause I already know that about HTTP downloads, but I dunno where to host files or how to enable each file in JA+.

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

was browsing the documentation and found this:

//-------- High speed URL AutoDownload Redirect for needed Pk3 when connecting a server:------------------ 

this feature enable players to download with high speed the needed pk3 files (like maps, npc, vehicles, sabers...etc...) to be able to play on your server.
- jp_DlBaseURL ( URL default value ""  ex: value "http://www.japlus.net/japlus/" )
// jp_DlBaseURL is the equivalent to your gamedata folder.
// so if your server have a pk3 test.pk3 under the base folder and if you want people to be able download it, your Website must contain 
// this file at [jp_DlBaseURL]base/test.pk3  Exemple : http://www.japlus.net/japlus/base/test.pk3 .
// remember the server will only make player download the real needed files and not all files.
// PS : Player need the lastest JA+ Plugin 1.4 or above for this feature.
// to disable this feature, put a empty string "" as a value for this cvar.
// example of working redirect with a lot of maps already uploaded : seta jp_DlBaseURL "http://japlus.newboyzgaming.com/files/"
h643 likes this

I already read that before, I was asking here because I wanted to know the way it works.

jp_DlBaseURL "../.../*.pk3" // If I wanted ppl to download 3 files, would I have to put it 3 times dlbase url each time changing the pk3 filename, or do I just put the folder and automatically it'd download everything?

well from what I gather of it if you set it to say: jp_DlBaseURL "website.com/files" that it would search the folder of the files being used on the server and download automatically.

but I believe it would also work as the following:

jp_DlBaseURL "website.com/files/file1.pk3"

jp_DlBaseURL "website.com/files/file2.pk3"

jp_DlBaseURL "website.com/files/file3.pk3"

jp_DlBaseURL "website.com/files/file4.pk3"