The feet and hands need to be redone, the feet have no ankles or any real shape to them and the hands are anatomically incorrect which will cause bad deformation. The thumb branches out from the bottom of the hand, not the side. The shoulders, elbows and hips all look like they'll deform bad, especially the shoulders, the topology really isn't right in that area.

http://wiki.polycount.com/LimbTopology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1mExXURsWk

Homework for you. The hand modeling video is really good, a prime example why a JA modeling tutorial isn't needed, they're all over youtube, no ones looking though.

The thumb was modeled out of the bottom. Directly following another hand tutorial. Modeled over Kyle's hand. They are only 4 sided boxes right now. When I get to rigging the shoulders, hips, knees, or fingers I will add in an edge loop here or there where I need them. The hand is fit to the skele so I shouldn't have a problem with rigging them. IF I do I'll fix it when I get there

dm8ce5L.jpg

Theres the low res mesh

Looks kinda screwy I'll probably repaint him sometime. 

krkarr likes this
  • 2 years later...

Mesh bad. Tried again.

Maybe do another quick sculpt in zbrush just to form the low res mesh better to what ill be sculpting at the end? Then after i work a basic zbrush sculpt i can export the low res mesh and unwrap it and it should eliminate stretching crap from the sculpt at the end. Sound about right?

Edited by AshuraDX
embedded your sketchfab model
GPChannel likes this

Ill focus on that now and update soon

@@AshuraDX what is an acceptable target tri count? I been keeping them under 3000

I also just noticed that the hands look tiny - go ahead and use mine, they are posed perfectly for the JKA skeleton - all you have to do is import my basemesh, upscale to 156.25% fromthe world origin and everything should be in place

So Ill leave his textures like this and hope a few people want to help church it all up before release. I struggle with texturing and want to keep the momentum right now.

p7dvYVj.jpg

And the face

hzuDrQ0.jpg

Going to fine tune some stuff then dropbox his textures and an .obj.

Once I gett he heirarchy all set up and caps and tags and what not ill upload the xsi file and call him "done".

Hoping to get some help rigging/texturing at the end of it all once the material is all out.

ID like to sculpt them but Zbrush R4 has a problem exporting UV coordinates so Ill just come back to that or work around it after all characters are modeled.

dark_apprentice likes this