Jedi HS Dooku

so uh... get capable of it?

nobody will do it for you, so push yourself to do it. 

do not be afraid to fail! if you try your best and it sucks, no problem, it'll be better the next time, and the time after that. every time you try you'll have achieved something. so keep trying.

but don't use lack of ability as an excuse not to try.

This is why I took up my Malak reskin project; to improve my skills (will post more pics of it once I have done some more work on the jawpiece), and learn new things along the way. :)

Xuan did a model frank of Jedi Dooku 5 years ago, if anyone is interested. I have no idea if he is still part of the modding community or not. I have a copy of it saved on a disc.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/018/Jungho06/Models/dooku_update.jpg

Xuan=Delmi!

I do still have this, though I did this right as I was getting into modding/rigging and the weighting and model needs some work before I'd release it.

But here is a idea of what it is (ignore the clipped head and missing hands for now)

L0GvkLe.jpg?1

did not know that excisted, would love to see it finished and released. Im still gonna work on my skin which im gonna try to get some work on today.

Really nice work! I definitely prefer the robed versions. The un-robed variants seem to highlight the uncharacteristic flatness of the model's head. As for the aging, perhaps you could use GIMP or some other imaging program to isolate the gray hairs (color select) and darken it to a younger hue? Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant do anything with the facial hair, thats beyond my photo editing skills.

Well all you really need to do is darken the hairs. How I would do it is make a selection around the beard area, copy it onto a new layer above, colourise it a dark brown, and with a layer mask, get rid of the bits of skin around the beard. I would use a feather brush or something to clean up the edges.

Circa likes this