Which Jedi Knight game should be remade?

Circa

Which Jedi Knight game should be remade?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jedi Knight game would you want to be remade today?

• Dark Forces
    • Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2
    • Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
    • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    • Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    • None of the above

So many people voted JA?! BARF!

JA does have the best game play but it's SP campaign is the worst of them all by far and it just isn't old enough to deserve a remake.

I think it is a good to see non-linear plot in JKA. It is a easier way to create more mods than Jedi Outcast, when you get possibility to chose where you want to fly;) I suppose you vote for other game because of Rosh Penin;)

hqdefault.jpg

Awesome game, even though extremely difficult and could use a little more spice.

They made a sequel called Super Bombad Racing. It was pretty good. Not a fan of racing games, but it wasn't bad.

As much as I dislike the prequels, I rather enjoyed Podracer and Phantom Menace on PC quite a bit.

The Phantom Menace game is one of my favorites. They made the story a lot more interesting and interactive. That might be why I like Episode I more than most people.

Jedi power battles was pretty fun.
It was fun, but it was really difficult. We never made it past the first level I don't think.

NumberWan likes this

They made a sequel called Super Bombad Racing. It was pretty good. Not a fan of racing games, but it wasn't bad.

The Phantom Menace game is one of my favorites. They made the story a lot more interesting and interactive. That might be why I like Episode I more than most people.

It was fun, but it was really difficult. We never made it past the first level I don't think.

I still replay The Phantom Menace game, one of my favourites. Ironically, it had the graphics quite weak even by the standards of those years, yet one can recognize, that the developers put a lot into this little game. I mean, the levels on Naboo feel just the way Naboo should feel, as if you come to Venice or some European old city with beautiful architecture. The graphics limit the true potential of art of course, but yet passing through the streets, engaging battle droids, droidekas and AAT was much fun. And you can meet and talk to some citizens occasionally.

Not to mention the Mos Espa mission. They've included so many characters, different thugs, tusken raiders and monsters there. A lot of various aliens, like jawas, twileks, ishi tib, ithorians, grans, rodians, including some species I can't remember the names, but they appear in the Original Trilogy, in Episode VI for instance. The levels are also pretty detailed, as you can see apartments of the citizens, different yards and walkways.

At one point I found out, that the game had quite a lot of fans, and there was even a community on lucasforums, I think. One of the developers was also in touch with the fans, discussing different aspects of the game, like the characters cut away from the game, or the possibility of including Mace Windu into the missions. He even showed some never-before-seen material, well, a few pics, I think.

The game also had a lot of hidden stuff both in the gameplay and in the games files, which are of interest to SW fans.

Circa likes this

Just downloaded it, I'm playing it right now on hard mode and already to the end nearly. O_O

Well keep in mind, we were like 12 years old and it was on PS1. :P Oh, and we didn't have a memory card so we had to start over every time. So maybe my opinion isn't the best to go by. :P

Dark Forces II needs to be remade. Many of the levels were just so bland, and way too open, and....well strange. It felt...empty...if you've played it, you'll know what I mean. I think it deserves a remake.

I know EXACTLY what you mean and DF2 is my favorite game in the series. I would even just be happy if there was a total conversion mod done for JKA in the spirit of DFmod which brought the nostalgia of Dark forces but redesigned the classic levels with a little bit more thought put into them and a whole lot more detail. If someone did that for Dark Forces II (And I mean actually finish, not start and then quit like every other mod team), I would be their personal slave for a year. 

I know EXACTLY what you mean and DF2 is my favorite game in the series. I would even just be happy if there was a total conversion mod done for JKA in the spirit of DFmod which brought the nostalgia of Dark forces but redesigned the classic levels with a little bit more thought put into them and a whole lot more detail. If someone did that for Dark Forces II (And I mean actually finish, not start and then quit like every other mod team), I would be their personal slave for a year.

http://jkhub.org/forum/63-dark-forces-ii-mod/

• 3 months later...

Why Jedi Academy? it has a in my opinion, bland single player campaign, the only reason it is good is because of the modding community and the multiplayer, If anything remake Jedi Outcast. I think Dark Forces 2 deserves a singleplayer remake the most because it probably had the best single player campaign of them all, story, gameplay etc. 

GPChannel likes this
  • 10 months later...

Why Jedi Academy? it has a in my opinion, bland single player campaign, the only reason it is good is because of the modding community and the multiplayer, If anything remake Jedi Outcast.

I think Dark Forces 2 deserves a singleplayer remake the most because it probably had the best single player campaign of them all, story, gameplay etc. 

^ this

@@the_raven

Jedi Academy has new sabers and animations, wohoo.  We're talking about remaking a game, which means that lightsaber combat (if added) would be improved.

Jedi academy roll stab, and katas etc. are useles even against NPC's.  I would love to see Outcast with MovieBattles stances and 10x more stormtroopers to blast.

Imagine TFU like graphics for Jedi Outcast, the scene where Desann kidnaps Jan, leaving Kyle on his knees. Imagine 200 stormtroopers marching around the base.

nerdgasm

Jedi Academy has new sabers and animations, wohoo.  We're talking about remaking a game, which means that lightsaber combat (if added) would be improved.

Jedi academy roll stab, and katas etc. are useles even against NPC's.  I would love to see Outcast with MovieBattles stances and 10x more stormtroopers to blast.

Imagine TFU like graphics for Jedi Outcast, the scene where Desann kidnaps Jan, leaving Kyle on his knees. Imagine 200 stormtroopers marching around the base.

nerdgasm

I was just saying that those may have been the reason...the rolls and katas aren't useless, you just need to know how to use them :D

besides, TFU didn't that that many stormtroopers anyway