Which Jedi Knight game should be remade?

Circa

Which Jedi Knight game should be remade?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jedi Knight game would you want to be remade today?

• Dark Forces
    • Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2
    • Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
    • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    • Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
    • None of the above

Not necessarily just visuals. There could be a lot more improvements and stuff along with a remake. The story lines would probably remain mostly the same.

Then obviously JKA for the MP, but then the remake would be something like a JK4, i.e. JKA's gameplay but without the glaring issues. You did mention it being released on consoles, which would inevitably make the gameplay crap though, so I'd probably stick with my vote for JK2 then.

I guess, most people vote for JO and JA, because these bring the most recent good memories. True. But I voted for Dark Forces. In the whole series it is the only one, which I haven't re-played in recent years. Sometimes I install Dark Forces II JK, and have fun. MOTS was also quite good, though it lacked the goodies of its predecessor, like cutscenes with real-life actors, the diversity in the plot, and the more or less defined main villain. Still it was a good game, and I would like to see it re-released and updated to be a bit larger and more detailed. DF2 JK has no need to be updated, I like the way I remember it - 1990-styled video game with 2d menus (but perfect ones with eye-catching illustrations) and these grey and dark levels of Nar Shaddaa, Barons Hed and reddish to orange caves, temples and canyons of the Valley of the Jedi. Oh mine, I think I'll install it in the evening.

As for Dark Forces - even though I am a big fan of the whole series, I guess, that it will be difficult even for me to play this game today. It's not just the graphics, but perhaps something else... It was so much fun to try the DF mod for JA, especially the ruined city of Talay base, which I (as many other fans, I presume) enjoyed so much, so something like that would be superb.

I know KOTOR does not fit in the bracket of the JK series but i think KOTOR  with the JKA  engine would be a cool game.

So use the newest engine from the JK series  with a massive amount of work to add the extra Force powers, and NPC interaction .Using the sabersystem and combat system from JK with the in depth story telling of KOTOR and the progressive advancement system of KOTOR.

And then mix it with the "Starwars " feel that Jedi Outcast gave . An old gritty universe still light years ahead of ours but old and battle scarred

I think it does not matter about JKA the story is boring and superficial no matter how you tell it.Stick to the theme and feel that JKO gave.

The space missions from "Battlefront II" where instead of watching a ROQ movie of you flying to a spaceship, you have to battle in space and infiltrate the spaceship.

Maybe add in the graphic quality that "The Force Unleashed" had with the euthoria stuff.

What a Bastard Frankenstein of a game it would be ,but it would be cool to mix the best of all the games in to one epic game

Onysfx, Bane_Ross, Mizore and 1 other like this

I've only ever played JKA all the way through, and only ever attempted that and JK2, but I really enjoyed the combat system in both those games. Would love to see JKA remade with the same/similar combat system, and much much much more in the way of decisions and plotline, instead of just "dark side or light side".

I think we are discussing remaking a game now with new computing and graphical standards.

Yup, that's what I was referring to. I guess I could give it a chance, but I'm not so sure I guess it would depend on the graphics and the way it looks. What the heck, I'd give it a shot but who has the time to make a game like that anymore?

None, the game experience could get ruined, as it wouldn't have the same 'magic' as before. That being said, Halo CE:A was good, as it was the same engine, but just much higher quality models, textures, effects, lighting etc, so that could work well for jka

h643 likes this

So many people voted JA?! BARF!

JA does have the best game play but it's SP campaign is the worst of them all by far and it just isn't old enough to deserve a remake.

DF, DF2 and MotS all the way, JO had a good story too but DF2/JK was probably the best. JO just isn't old enough to deserve a remake.

Of course I voted DF2 since I'm working on the mod, if it succeeds I'd like to move on to finish the DF mod as well as MotS.

Omicron, Circa, Onysfx and 1 other like this