Tenloss DXR-6 Disruptor rifle

That's untrue for new games, but true for source engine games such as HL2. Weapons for new games usually exceed the poly's on this gun. However as was already mentioned, JKA will grind to a crawl if too many poly's are drawn at once. This is due to everything being done on the CPU, from what I've read.

I don't think you'd have too much issue if you make sure everything has LODs. :)

A skim of the internets leads me to believe character models are generally ~100k tris, and weapon models being 10-20k+ tris. This is insane in comparison to JKA, but graphics cards these days will swallow pretty much any number of  triangles. All the time-consuming parts are in the pixel shading. You might (or probably not) have noticed that Nvidia and AMD no longer advertise "maximum triangle throughput" as it's all about the number of cores, clock speeds and memory bandwidth now.

Silverfang, Archangel35757 and DT85 like this
  • 11 months later...

A little bit, I opened it up a few days ago and I had to completely redo the UV Maps but I think I finished them, I'll have to double-check though.

My plan was to make it available for everyone, JK:Enhanced, BaseJKA, and JKG. Still needs texturing at this point though.

n6lBNfd.png

z3filus, Smoo and Maksman like this
  • 3 years later...