Pure base server problems

So i'm trying to run a base server on my vps with sv_pure "1" and when i connect to it with a base client i get an error that says "invalid game folder". If I connect to it with my JA++ client I get a "no shader files found error". I know this isn't a client side problem as other pure base servers work fine.
My base contains the following files

assets0.pk3  assets3.pk3   jampgamei386.so  OpenAL32.dll

assets1.pk3  cgamex86.dll  jampgamex86.dll  server.cfg
assets2.pk3  games.log     jampserver.cfg   uix86.dll

Aaand my GameData contains the following files/folder

base  jampDed.exe  libcxa.so.1  linuxjampded  logserver.txt

I've tried toggling a few things like removing OpenAL32.dll and putting it back or removing jampgamei386.so and booting the servers jampDed.exe with wine. Still no luck. The server its self is running and I can control it in the server window just fine but the problem is just when connecting. Also I've been able to run japlus and non pure base with no problems at all soo I don't know what gives :<.

Any help is much appreciated!

I know its your choice, but pure server has been irrelevant since basically the quake 3 source was released.

I could join your server using custom assets and custom cgamex86.dll and you would be none the wiser.  Not saying that I do to cheat, but its much easier than some think especially with source release.

--

If you are running a `base` `pure` server I'm not sure how you intend to run another mod+client (JA++) to connect to it  B)

dll files technically are not used by linux technically and not relevant, plus OpenAL32 should be along side the jamp client.

Would be helpful for people to know what you are using for startup script.

FOR ALL THOSE WHO RUN BASE SERVERS:  STOP STOP STOP Adding +set fs_game Base or base to your launch scripts.  Its wrong, and hides your servers from the list when people actually view the browser with Game: Jedi Academy (ie proper base servers)

I haven't run a linux server in a while so I don't know what really could trip those issues specifically.

I've tried ./linuxjampded +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29075 +set net_ip 192.223.27.180 as well as ./linuxjampded +set fs_game base +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29075 +set net_ip 192.223.27.180 I still get that same error