OpenJK DF2 Code

So wait, enemies will only drop explosives?

Yes, but I added back blasters. I did this so players can be attacked on the first level by enemies with bowcasters but not being able to use them. This in my opinion makes everything less "blaster rifle, blaster rifle, blaster rifle".

• 3 months later...

I was actually going to post in a few days, but I guess nows a good time.

I'm pretty much sick of modding JKA. There wasn't a whole lot of interest from other modders in the community and while a few did join to help, there just isn't enough people onboard to really get this done. So I'm bowing out of this project but if someone would like to take over, let me know and I'll hand over everything I have. What would be a better idea though is to make a DF2 MP mod instead.

A shame to hear this DT85, I was keeping up with your progress here with what you were doing, its sad to see how it could turn out like this!

As Moondog says, you can take away with it skill that can be used and adopted elsewhere on the net!!

This community does have a skewed ratio of programmers/modders to users, which can discourage developers from continuing work like this (I am a user as well, so I am part of the problem)

How about taking on something that can take your mind off of it DT85? Like another kind of modding/programing!

A shame to hear this DT85, I was keeping up with your progress here with what you were doing, its sad to see how it could turn out like this!

As Moondog says, you can take away with it skill that can be used and adopted elsewhere on the net!!

This community does have a skewed ratio of programmers/modders to users, which can discourage developers from continuing work like this (I am a user as well, so I am part of the problem)

How about taking on something that can take your mind off of it DT85? Like another kind of modding/programing!

It's an issue of manpower & the fact I'm sick of the engine after working hard on every part of the large project. I still think converting DF2 Mod to an MP mod would be best.

As for me, I'm going to stick to smaller projects from now on. I'm currently working on this: http://jkhub.org/topic/3920-terminator-apocalypse If anyone would like to help out, PM me.

It's an issue of manpower & the fact I'm sick of the engine after working hard on every part of the large project. I still think converting DF2 Mod to an MP mod would be best.

As for me, I'm going to stick to smaller projects from now on. I'm currently working on this: http://jkhub.org/topic/3920-terminator-apocalypse If anyone would like to help out, PM me.

This looks nice, and a smaller project that would revitialise your spirits!!

That model of Arnie looks awesome!!!

@@Vulcan Interested?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...