JKO in Unreal Engine Porting Discussion

I have never seen porting discussions as intense and as heated as the ones here.

Granted, I'm against porting pretty much entirely, though I do agree with the current policy for what mods we allow.

Now, this movie doesn't affect us in any way at all. And while it's a good idea, I think they would greatly benefit from a little, shall we say, production value. Basically, the ported models and textures are the absolute low end of assets they could be using. Making things from scratch would take longer, but A: It's legal, and B: It would look infinitely better.

I have never seen porting discussions as intense and as heated as the ones here.

Granted, I'm against porting pretty much entirely, though I do agree with the current policy for what mods we allow.

Now, this movie doesn't affect us in any way at all. And while it's a good idea, I think they would greatly benefit from a little, shall we say, production value. Basically, the ported models and textures are the absolute low end of assets they could be using. Making things from scratch would take longer, but A: It's legal, and B: It would look infinitely better.

However, ported assets are also much much quicker to produce, and require a lot less skill to do so. And honestly, learning by porting is an OK route by me. I've learned a little from it.

However, yeah, I totally agree. This movie is pretty low in terms of...uh...design direction just in general.

It's easy to "create" something when you lift 97 percent of your work from a different source. Like I've said though, this is okay because it's "OH SO KEWL" to people. Beyond retarded.

No, this is okay because:

A: They are not associated with us in any way.

B: The chance that Disney will do anything against this is almost non-existent.

No, this is okay because:

A: They are not associated with us in any way.

B: The chance that Disney will do anything against this is almost non-existent.

Oh thanks, I was completely incapable of arriving at those observations by myself. One second, let me alter my personal values.

eezstreet likes this