[WIP] Look out for that tree!

<Update>

Model currently pending approval for upload. finally made it to release lol.

//////////

Right then, so, I was bored one day, and in my state of being in the state of boredom. I decided that I would do something that I decided to then do. At that particular point in time. And so I did that thing in which It decided- By Myself, that I was going to do.

(Note, all textures are WIP. everything is subject to change, who knows, I might put a top hat on his shoulder... or maybe a monocle on his nose. We will never know untill it is released WHEN it is finished)

(Also, no promises I will ever release this, as time is my enemy right now, BUT IF I DO. Then I do.)

I suppose some pictures are in order.

Scout_Trooper1.jpg

scout_trooper2.jpg

scout_trooper3.jpg

And also for giggles

scout_trooper4.jpg

This is an awesome model! I was hoping to see another model of a Scout trooper released. Please, please, please release this! It looks quite excellent and I love me some Imperial models. It would go great with DT's Stormtrooper.

Also could you please keep the pauldron it looks awesome!

Decided I would post this VERY VERY VERY small update. 

Began working on his feets. Still a bit bendy for my tastes. so I will be tweaking it some moar.

(I really hate feet so this is actually a slight accomplishment for me...)

I hate feet. ._.

scout_boot1.jpg?_subject_uid=76980556&w=

scout_boot2.jpg?_subject_uid=76980556&w=

scout_boot3.jpg?_subject_uid=76980556&w=

For the record, I will be keeping the pauldron. and adding more extras. Because I love me some extras.

Did I mention I hate feet?

(Let's just pretend that kneepad is invisible =_,=)

Barricade24 likes this

Decided I would post this VERY VERY VERY small update. 

Began working on his feets. Still a bit bendy for my tastes. so I will be tweaking it some moar.

(I really hate feet so this is actually a slight accomplishment for me...)

I hate feet. ._.

scout_boot1.jpg?_subject_uid=76980556&w=

scout_boot2.jpg?_subject_uid=76980556&w=

scout_boot3.jpg?_subject_uid=76980556&w=

For the record, I will be keeping the pauldron. and adding more extras. Because I love me some extras.

Did I mention I hate feet?

(Let's just pretend that kneepad is invisible =_,=)

I don't suppose you would be willing to add on General Weir's bandolier would you?

http://www.lightsidestudios.com/StarWarsCostumes/Shadow%20Scout/General-Weir-pic500.jpg

You don't have to if you don't want to, but I think it would be a really cool add on.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no. I have no pictures to show right now, as I don't feel I've made enough progress, but I have remade the kneepads so they're actually not squares now.

I'm working on the textures for the boots ( I hate feet ) which is a really big pain in the Islets of langerhans.

Just trying to get it to look right. instead of derpy. When I finish with those I'll post some pictures.

I still continue to hate feet.

Bek, therfiles, katanamaru and 2 others like this
  • 3 years later...

It really looks great, but I feel there's something off with the helmet. Maybe it's a bit too thin, or perhaps it's the elongated "rebreather" or communicator on the front part that gives it that impression. At least from the references it seems to be a bit shorter:

Biker_Scout_DICE.png

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10429.jp

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-10529.jp

To my knowledge there are only two scout trooper models in existence. one really old one for JKO that was never finished to my knowledge and only ever released as a "beta" which was made by Slurpy_Commando from what I remember, and the one currently being used which was made by Monsoontide, Keshire and Duncan. other than that there have been a few kit-bashes of their model and Neomarz' clone trooper as well as several skins(which don't really count). but that's all I know of. Feel free to correct me if there are others that I missed.

Thanks for the kind words and criticism all.

Jolly and Xanemus like this