W.I.P.

FPS dips in the center area due to length of the room size but that area isn't really for ffa's but eh whatever.  Colorful map theme, not terribly large map, very lit up and vibrant.  Probably add more to it in due time.  Some models and textures are ripped from another game so props to that game/company for that, while others are from plain old JA. 

I'll update this thread with whatever new things get added.  I was pondering on a yavin_trial sort of area applied to this portion of the map down the road.

To get to the map or use it on a server it is mp/ffa_jkw

Map Download

clMi31t.jpg

wZWtOmp.jpg

MAjvcIN.jpg

u868Jpi.jpg

hRMedw0.jpg

deSXBpE.jpg

bpMVfH8.jpg

therfiles, Boothand, Bek and 3 others like this

Wow, this is a really awesome map. I love what you did with the trees and the sand. Absolutely brilliant! There's tons of little details that I could pick out of each screenshot, and I freaking love that.

My main concern would be the relatively low quality textures on the ground, and how eclectic the theme is. On the one hand, you have some clearly Asian-inspired themes, and then you have some more Star Warsy stuff like in the second picture. Though, perhaps that's what you were going for, and I can't knock that.

Overall I'd have to say it's like a 8/10 or so, definitely some good work so far.

FPS dips in the center area due to length of the room size but that area isn't really for ffa's but eh whatever.  Colorful map theme, not terribly large map, very lit up and vibrant.  Probably add more to it in due time.  Some models and textures are ripped from another game so props to that game/company for that, while others are from plain old JA. 

I'll update this thread with whatever new things get added.  I was pondering on a yavin_trial sort of area applied to this portion of the map down the road.

To get to the map or use it on a server it is mp/ffa_jkw

Map Download

The former staff in me wants to fix your images so they embed rather than link. @@Circa, get on it.

Looks good though.

Circa likes this

Some weapons to fit the map theme.  I'm just going to put them into the map .pk3

Single and dual version.  No lightsaber blade, functions like sword models and have there own sounds taken from Raven Dark Star Wars hilt pack, bo staff sound effect.  No bounce effect off walls though so it'll function like a standard lightsaber with it's swings.

oVugI6O.png

18f9biZ.png

Bane_Ross likes this

Excellent work! Such a beautiful and vibrant map. The little details and models really make this map. One minor thing - the bird noises can be a bit overwhelming at times. Not sure if there was a specific sound that was "over" looping or just too many birds in general. Other than that, the ambiance was superb! :D

Bird sounds in general go off in game files the sound levels are based on the sound files itself.  Try to blend the sound of the level music with the bird noises. :winkthumb:

Is a few of them around the map basically in each tree level.  Was no bird noises be just level music and I'm sure not everyone has sound up as they play.  Rather have the noise the no to little noise at all, that would make the level feel more dead then alive. 

Birds gather all time outside and chirp, not everyone hears them anymore let alone at all as they get older since you get so used to hearing it as you grow up.