Removing lightsaber with bsp editing and/or icarus scripting

Hey there,

Does anyone know of a way to remove the lightsaber weapon via an entity or icarus script? What I want to do is only have the disruptor rifle when I spawn (getting the disruptor during spawn is not an issue).

Here's what I  have so far:

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@[member='weaponx']_NAMES*/ "WP_NONE" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@[member='weaponx']_NAMES*/ "WP_DISRUPTOR" );

I have it set up to trigger this when I respawn. However, I still have the saber. When I scroll over to the next weapon (the disruptor), I cannot switch back to the saber  (which is good but I really dont want the saber to begin with).

Any and all help is appreciated!

Edit: also SET_WEAPON drop does not drop the saber. And I have also tried disabled the saber with g_weapondisable.

Cheers, 

Zab

If memory serves info_player_start has a spawnflag to start without any weapons, including the saber.

I fear not sadly.  I tried spawnflags from 1 to 256 (powers of 2 only obv) for both info_player_deathmatch and info_player_start for all of my spawn location entities, besides there is no information I could find confirming this.

Just to elaborate the problem more clearly, this is for multiplayer, japlus server, preferably in FFA mode.  I have already tried SET_WEAPON drop, SET_SABER1 & 2 to none, drop and even WP_DISRUPTOR (you never know!).  Also SET_SABER_ORIGIN, SET_SABER1BLADEOFF, SET_LOCK_PLAYER_WEAPONS, SET_SABERACTIVE, SET_FORCE_SABERTHROW true + wait 1000 + SET_FORCE_SABERTHROW false,  etc.
Even kill (GET ($SET_WEAPON$)) !!

I guess we could try hijacking the .sab files, but I think that would only make the game use that ugly black default saber and nothing gained.

We've worked on this for quite some time before posting here, this is no idle question!

If it's japlus mod then set g_weapondisable to 524222 which will allow distruptor only so I guess players will start with that. With entity modding you can still place saber which player can pick up and use.

Unsurprisingly I did actually try that, I believe it was before I even started modding the ents and writing icarus scripts.  As I still don't have a solution I've made this cfg to execute on a vstr (for the admin command amvstr)

g_forcePowerDisable 262143
dmflags 520
g_weaponDisable 524223
jp_giveWP_MELEE 0
jp_allowSaberSwitch 0
jp_allowJetpack 0
jp_allowFlameThrower 0
jp_allowCloakItem 0
jp_allowHook 0
g_saberDamageScale 0
jp_allowSaberTouchDMG 0
jp_reduceSaberBlock 100
Which (amongst other things) doesn't remove the saber but makes wielding it pointless!

Note that 524222 also won't prevent the saber either - I think it's forced by JA+ so nothing in the map or the game can easily prevent that.