CUSTOM SKEL NPC: AT-ST

The  level of detail...   now, what's next? a swoop? an x-wing??

Pretty sure any base model that is seen in DF2 wont be used, we're making our own stuff, like the TIE bomber for instance...

I get the ran out of transform space error when using this on Artus Topside, only happens when I try to shoot it for some reason, otherwise it works, walks around and tries to kill you. I need to install OpenJK for JK2 to get rid of this error. As of now though it overwrites the base AT-ST, using the original NPC and VEH files, everything else is custom. I even exported a map object of it that overwrites the base one so in the hangar for Artus Topside the new AT-ST is in there perfectly lined up in all of the bays without needing of altering the map.

@@Xycaleth, I see downloads for OpenJK for JA but what about JK2? I really wanna play through the Artus Topside level and make sure this thing works fine since in DF2 it's used a few times as an NPC.

@@Xycaleth, I see downloads for OpenJK for JA but what about JK2? I really wanna play through the Artus Topside level and make sure this thing works fine since in DF2 it's used a few times as an NPC.

They're not built by our build servers because we don't think it's stable enough for people to play about with it yet. We might aim for JK2 to be in the second release, so you'll start seeing the JK2 builds soon-ish.

Circa, DT85 and minilogoguy18 like this

Well a mini update, made all the leg-up animations, going to just do a simple one for pain by extracting the beginning of the death animation. Kinda procrastinating on the turning animations but I know once I set the first keyframe I'll turn them out really fast. I think I may end up doing LOD's, maybe not all 4 but at least 1 or 2. Made a shader file, simple spec one, I think @@AshuraDX made one for Rend2 for the normal maps, I should send the pk3 his way if so.

Gonna take it easy, hyper extended my elbow a couple of weeks ago and rapid mouse clicking, keyboard action doesn't seem to be helping the muscles in my forearm.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the LOD actually fixed the "ran out of transform space" problem in the base game (problem doesn't exist in OpenJK) which is actually good because after the mod is released I could release it separate for JO and JA as a direct base replacement. Just played through base JO artus topside with no issues, works beautifully. I also fixed the origin and adjusted to -24 Z axis per @@DT85's recommendation.

Also added in the leg up sequences, just need turning and pain then this will be 100% complete unless I feel like making another LOD which is possible.

DT85 and Psyk0Sith like this

The thing is, it would require coding, which I don't know how to do, nor do I have the time to learn considering I work 40-50 hours a week MINIMUM and I try to do as much as I can as far as what I'm best at for the DF2 mod. It just isn't necessary. While maybe you could do it without coding and making the NPC part of the AT-ST MD5 files the NPC wouldn't be able to do anything and it would easily crash the game as the poly count would double.

If he wants to code it in then he can go right ahead but I'm not bothering with it.

Bek and Psyk0Sith like this

Im satisfied to even have a HQ model vehicles in this game, go ahead and make us a swoop, or an x-wing, millennium fucking Falcon !
it sure would be cool th have a First Person view from inside an AT-ST , for example, in siege matches, but I fear it will be like in JC2 Multiplayer;

first person view can rotate 360 as if you dont have a neck at all.....