CUSTOM SKEL NPC: AT-ST

That's the JK2 one. The drivable AT-STs in JK2 use the same model as the enemies, but in JKA they used a different skeleton altogether.

Are you sure? I'm 99% sure the AT-ST you drive in t2(..., the one with Racto, I don't remember the name) are misc_atst, not the vehicle.

As far as I know, you can't actually drive an ATST in JKA except for the Hoth Siege map.

You can in the level t2_dpred and, as I said before, it's not the NPC vehicle, but the misc_atst_drivable as you can toggle between the weapons and you can access it only from the top.

eezstreet likes this

@@eezstreet Well my model works as the SP vehicle but the textures don't load, any idea where the file that tells it what to use it located in the assets?

I'm not sure if you're still searching it but maybe I found it:

Assets1/models/map_objects/imp_detention

There's an AT-ST md3 and two atst texture files

Probably it's the stationary one that never moves, but MAYBE they use the same textures

Clean base folder and still the problem is there

s2S7Oms.jpg

If you spawn the NPC it has textures and the static MD3 model has textures but this one doesn't, it just doesn't make sense.

Is there anyone out there that knows what's going on?

I will not release until this problem is solved.

This wouldn't be a shader malfunction would it?

I am guessing that if you tried hopping in the vehicle that the textures might actually work.

I noticed in game that the AT-ST vehicle on this map doesn't have shadows beneath it's eye slots but when you hop in it it does.

There's something different about this walker, I'm just not sure what it is.

GLTh3Pr0 likes this

The entity description doesn't give much to work on, just the line model="models/players/atst/model.glm", a health and target keys.

Huh, interestingly enough, the textures for the original AT-ST player model are located in map_objects/imp_detention/.

ONLY the SP vehicle that has the weapons that can be toggled has this problem, all others work, the NPC, MD3 map object and MP vehicle.

KUyFKN6.jpg

Where are the files that control this vehicle? It must have some sort of NPC or VEH file pointing to the wrong textures.

I haven't tried Yavin Swap 2 in JK2 yet.

I don't think it's a veh file because the vehicle itself is not an NPC but some kind of entity model. In fact it uses the command "spawn misc_atst_drivable and not npc spawn..."

The point is that normally these entities's textures are inside "map_objects" but I can't find it anywhere.

I know where the textures are, my new ones are in the same place, models/map_objects/imp_detention/ but for some reason only this entity doesn't work. It could be the map itself, I'm going to try to make 2 copies of my textures and use the same names the base textures use to see if it'll load.

If you load your glm in some kind of Hex editor and look at texture paths, do you see for example: "models/map_objects/imp_detention/atst_body.tga" That's about the last place that would store texture paths. Of course the game uses .skin files but it has some quirks with .md3 / .glm conversion and paths have to be written with .md3 view if your software doesnt do it correctly. SP might have some odd exception that creates the same problem?

GLTh3Pr0 and Archangel35757 like this

Well the thing is that my MD3 works no problem, as does the enemy NPC and the vehicle that you spawn in MP, only the SP campaign driveable doesn't work which is different than the MP vehicle.

I've tried everything, I thought that making duplicates of my textures (which have the same file path) and naming them the same as the base stuff would work but nothing has, I'm about to give up and keep this model as part of the DF2 mod only. I'm literally pulling my hair out trying to find out why in every other instance it works but the SP vehicle that has the weapons that can be toggled doesn't load the textures.

@@Xycaleth or @@ensiform since you guys know code is there something different about the SP campaign entity known as misc_atst_driveable? I'm about to headbutt the monitor right now >_<

Remember before posting THIS PROBLEM IS WITH THE SP VEHICLE ONLY, ALL OTHERS WORK FINE, THE SP VEHICLE IS DIFFERENT THAN THE MP ONE! THE NPC THAT YOU FIGHT AGAINST WORKS FINE AS DOES THE STATIC MAP OBJECT!