What do you want to learn in 2014?

Circa

What do you want to learn in 2014?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What type of modding do you want to learn?

• Mapping/Level Design
    • Scripting
    • Coding
    • Texturing
    • Modeling
    • Shaders
    • General Modding (Beginning Modders)
    • None (Explain below)

I want to learn how to saber with the precision and grace that I once used to do.

This poll show's one of the problems of JKHub. It's made for modders and made by modders and that's why you only see polls about modding and that's why you see no people in JKHub that are no modders.

Omicron likes this

This poll show's one of the problems of JKHub. It's made for modders and made by modders and that's why you only see polls about modding and that's why you see no people in JKHub that are no modders.

Indeed, The only thing I see around here is Modding, modding, and modding. I would love more variety.

Although I could learn to map a bit. I don't know anything, but making a box would be a good start.

The last poll was geared towards players. And one of our goals in 2014 is to bring more players here. A JKHub server has been discussed, so be on the lookout for news about that.

I will add another option for non-modders.

Flynn and h643 like this

I will add another option for non-modders.

Perhaps like a wishlist section, where non-modders can post thier ideas as to what they would like to see. Something for the modders to go pick through and fulfill on down times? Sort of a modder/player liason thread.

Circa likes this

Perhaps like a wishlist section, where non-modders can post thier ideas as to what they would like to see. Something for the modders to go pick through and fulfill on down times? Sort of a modder/player liason thread.

Isn't that what the requests forum is for? :P I can make a site request thread for players to post how they want to be more included in JKHub.

This is a modding community after all, but I definitely want to include the non-modding players as much as I can in this site, as I know that hasn't been JKHub's strongest point in the past.

ChalklYne likes this

Isn't that what the requests forum is for? :P I can make a site request thread for players to post how they want to be more included in JKHub.

This is a modding community after all, but I definitely want to include the non-modding players as much as I can in this site, as I know that hasn't been JKHub's strongest point in the past.

I can't speak for all players, but all the base players I know don't give a f*ck about mods and modders. The only mods most people I know have played on are servers with crash-protection even though those are not very popular cause they are known for having differences in saber-blocking (even though people are arguing whether that's true or not).

What I want to say is: You modding-people (and yes, I created mods as well in the past) seem to live in your own world.

This is a modding community? For who? Not for those people I've played with in the last 10 years. In my opinion JKHub missed the chance to gather all players of this game and instead you catered to the modding-community cause this page was obviously created by people from the modding-community. When JKHub was created it was advertised to be a central place for all players and I offered my help several times to help to include the competetive community in JkHub (and even advertised on the ESL page for JkHub when I was still ESL-admin). But in the end it didn't work out cause JKHub has nothing what competitive/clan-players want. ESL players stay on the ESL-forums, MBII-players stay on the MBII-forums and modding people stay on JKHub.

Your (most JkHub users) arguments are always the arguments of modding-people who don't know much about the actual players and their needs. Do you guys actually realise that there is a world outside of modding and that this game is actually being played? A huge amount of Jedi Knight - players were never a part of any kind of modding community and don't want to have anything to do with it. Hell, where I come from (competitive base-JA) "Modder" is meant as an insult for people who can't play the base game.

Ping likes this