Mod Project/Game Project

Alright we have given in.... We are opting for an easier route by just making an exe that potentially uses a different masterserver (is that still safe?). We still plan to release new textures/maps/gametypes/combat?/ and whatever else comes to mind.

We get that JA++ does some of the same stuff we want done but jk2 just feels all around better to us.

And in an effort to spike maybe just one of your interests I want to tell you a little more about what we want to do.

First: We want to make dueling a more important aspect of the game no more sitting around and talking all day long or yelling at people for “laming”… We do realize that this is important to many jk players so we still want to supply that to everyone that wants it but not as high a priority to us. We want to do this by changing the dueling gametype so that it allows for more than one set of duelers at a time but gives each pair of duelers their own space – that space will be smaller than any current duel map to reduce trolls (running, etc…) ruining the gametype.

Second: We want to add a stats system so people can track their k/d, hours played, highest ks, etc… to ensure that stats are not boosted or obtained by cheating we want this to be a mod that only our servers have so that way we can better monitor stats. Stats will be uploaded to a website and everything can be looked at there.

I hope I gave you guys what you wanted for information? Maybe? A little?
I am working on one map for another project right now but I will have a map up so you guys can see I'm serious soon? Hopefully. If there is anything else you guys would like from me to prove myself just let me know and ill see what I can do.

Thank you all for the information over the past week or so it’s been really helpful and sorry for my early crappy posts >.>.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright it’s not done yet and I am still trying to get some things right but I figured I better post again before everyone loses faith. This is a map I made for my tournaments that I run weekly. The textures are just place holders for the most part; this will be my first map that I am trying hard on the lighting because before this I never really cared about lights or textures for that matter. I am not yet at a point where I am 100% happy with the maps layout yet so until that happens I’m going to keep working on it; however, this map is not very far off from a map that I was thinking about making for jk4. This map makes is a stepping stone to making dueling more systematic and a more controlled environment.

A buddy of mine helped me add glm's to the map so if you do not run this map on a glm supporting mod you will not see the player models in the "Hall of Fame" (where all the winners of the tournaments go and also Pro@Staff go).

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/pkvv46pbpb9x5z9/BR0q5_cYxG <--- pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/s/034ps72eqexkg8o/ProArenaV3.pk3 <--- Map

If you want to see what the map looks like with all its features you can go to my server [Pro@]Tournament Server or 198.12.65.210