Google and JKHub

As of this post, here are the google ranking position for JKHub:

jedi academy downloads - 29th

jedi academy files - Website unranked but forum threads are scattered around the results

jedi academy - Unranked

jedi hub - 1

jedi knight - 67th

jedi knight files - 13th BUT this is simply a thread about JK3Files being terrible :P

ja+ - 2nd/3rd

jedi academy help - 88th BUT links to a random texture mod

jedi academy tutorials - 4th BUT links to the "Getting started with mapping" tutorial rather than the index of tutorials.

jedi academy hosting - 33rd BUT is not related at all

jedi academy mods - 15th (Skin section)

jedi academy wiki - 16th

jkfiles - 17th BUT just a random forum thread

jk3files - 4th (Great for people looking for JK3Files alternatives, but not so great for people who don't know JK3Files or JKHub exists)

jedi academy forums - 13th but it's PugZ (CTF site hosted by JKHub)

jedi academy boards - 23rd but again it's PugZ (CTF site hosted by JKHub)

jedi academy news - 18th but again a random thread

Personally I feel these are really really bad results for the most part, and I was wondering if we could improve this somehow? The majority of people looking for files and/or help will use some of the terms above to find what they're looking for and will not go through 5-6 pages to find us sadly. I think we're missing out on a bigger user base potentially.

Source:

http://moonsy.com/google-keyword-rank-checker/

Circa likes this

Interesting. How would we go about improving this? I've never researched such a thing. *goes to investigate*

Research Search Engine Optimization (SEO). You'll need to insert some key terms into JKHub's meta header and also any images or content that is uploaded. It'll take a while for it to show up on Google though, I think at least a month for the search engine to capture it.

eezstreet likes this

Yeah, Search Engine Optimization is the best bet. One way Google ranks pages is by linking to other sites. If JKHub has a facebook account or similar social media and a like button can be put on the homepage or something may help things out a bit more. My friends Santa Gig website went from being ranked on the 9th page to being #1 with only about 50 ish facebook likes. We have over 100 now and are still #1.

Linking to other similar sites may be something to look into as well. JediKnight3.filefront.com has a place where you can submit a link to your site to theirs as long as you link their site on your's. Being that if you type in Jedi Outcast Files and it's the #1 site it would be a pretty good link to do since its popular.

Here is the direct link on that site

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/links/

I'm not even sure if there are any staff left on jk2files. With that said, we do link to many other sites in the JKHub bar. Is that what you mean?

And we do have a Facebook page that I made a few months ago for kicks. But I'm not sure if I want to have a link to it on the homepage. 

And a Twitter page. I don't update either yet because of little to no followers.

I think you have to share links is what I'm trying to explain. Do all the sites that we link to link back to us in turn? I think that has to with relevancy in SEO at least with Google. The more visitors the site has is beneficial.

Another thing I noticed is that the forums link in the HTML code does have Meta keyword info in it but the main page does not. Add this line to the main index page of the site may help.

<meta name="keywords" content="jka mods help community modifications jedi academy jedi outcast files downloads tutorials forum wiki jk3files jk2files filefront gamefront boards news jkfiles jedi knight star wars jedi hub jkhub ja+ jawa ja++ mbii moviebattles skins models maps hosting server "/>

Maybe adding more keywords in may help, too. I don't see mapping or level design for example. Star Wars is also missing. I'd throw in Star Wars, too.

It requires keyterms(really popular ones, i.e ones to find jk3files) and ranking above them with more clicks based on those search terms!!

A "legit" way to do this I guess would be to have devoted people who can go off and not only search for those terms, but ONLY find jkhub amongst results, and open it up in TABS!!!

Over time the page ranking increases!

It requires keyterms(really popular ones, i.e ones to find jk3files) and ranking above them with more clicks based on those search terms!!

A "legit" way to do this I guess would be to have devoted people who can go off and not only search for those terms, but ONLY find jkhub amongst results, and open it up in TABS!!!

Over time the page ranking increases!

Or make bots to do it...

That may fall into a certain despicable illegal ground though.

JKG Developer