15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with these results?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • Who are these modders?
    • Delete this topic
    • I don't care

Tobe_One: made awesome skins such as his Shiva skin, Dracula. He was the lead skinner of Neo Dark Ages.

Deathspike: Made SAC, initial progress towards JKG and one of the best reverse-engineer people (if not the best) in all of JKA. Servers are much more secure due to his work.

Xycaleth: JAPhys, JAVisPlus, rend2, JKG, MB2, ... even posted in this thread. He's literally everywhere.

razorace: one of the coding pioneers and founders of OJP.

some others worth putting up

redsaurus: Numerous, numerous Mac helps for OpenJK and MB2. Santa hat mod. Was cited by Raven Software as being one of the people that convinced them to release code.

RenegadeOfPhunk: created MB2

Toast: made Makermod

Ensiform: responsible for thousands of fixes to OpenJK and OJP including rend2

Scooper: maintained Makermod and has helped many people out

Didz: JA master server backup plan, in the event the master goes down

Darth Norman: many good quality maps

Pande: also many quality maps, in JKG

Rich Whitehouse: Hydrobsll and lead developer of JK2 + JKA's MP sections

RichDiesal: Mapping academy and Kamino Platform

mrwonko: Blender GLM importer/exporter

ent: jaMME (big boon for frag videos)

RevanDark: Several weapon packs of high quality, some of which made it into JA+'s client.

Eclipse: wrote key tutorials on Softimage. Vincent Valentine model.

ShroomDuck: Country Roads 1 + 2, Hail the Boognish, Country Academy, and several other maps which were highly influential

minilogoguy18: many many tutorials and good quality models

AngelModder: Titanic, Darth Vader, numerous other models

RoboPhred: developed Lugormod T2 and up

Read my previous comment

I am struggling to understand the point of this thread now... I originally understood it to be a list that is your opinion, which most of us all agreed with but suggested additions if it were ours. Now it seems to be a collaboration which you said midway through this thread you were against.

If this is a collaboration, then adding TIM (Who is widely known for profiting on other peoples work without permission) is a complete mystery. You'll find that the suggestion of adding TIM and the likes behind it were very sarcastic.

Razorace should definitely be on that list though, he (As far as I'm aware) built the backbone of many big modding projects with OJP.

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard (most of you don't know him but he made maps for Stargate Event Horizon and he is going to re-release it and update the links at www.sg-eh.forumotion.com register and revive the forum!!!)

I really do think this has turned into a "good/great modders" thread rather than the best of all JK3 history.

By the way, you may want to calm down and relax :P

eezstreet, Circa and Serenity937 like this

Uhm, no.

This was his first reply to this thread:

Tobe_One

Azymn

RenegadeOfPhunk

Deathspike

redsaurus

razorace

It had nothing before or following it, he just put down names he thought were missing if it were his list. How is that rude? It's clear you haven't liked him for a while, which is fine, but don't use that as punishment for the modders who deserve to be on there.
eezstreet and Futuza like this

That confuses me too. I think a more appropriate title would be "Best JKA Modders" that way it leaves it more open for interpretation. Or perhaps writing out a little disclaimer, I dunno. I definitely wouldn't discredit the people on your list (except Tim and Slider) but some people (such as razorace) do really deserve to be on a Top List of All Time.

That confuses me too. I think a more appropriate title would be "Best JKA Modders" that way it leaves it more open for interpretation. Or perhaps writing out a little disclaimer, I dunno. I definitely wouldn't discredit the people on your list (except Tim and Slider) but some people (such as razorace) do really deserve to be on a Top List of All Time.

Read my last post

I am oddly tempted to make my own thread with a blank list and allow people to nominate authors/contributors to the community (With a written explanation for each) which would operate on likes received if people agreed.

That way we can truly recognize these authors and it can be completely unbiased when it comes to the author of the thread and his opinion.

Circa, Agent Jones, Raz0r and 5 others like this

That's a good idea. But as I said before, I can see some negative side effects. I'll gladly throw likes and names into the hat though.

I'll get to work on it later, but I should give credit to Revian for the idea  :P

What negatives come to mind? I'll try to iron them out as much as I can before I make the thread.

*shrug*

I really don't like the concept of a thread or "hall of fame" for modders. It kinda breaks the whole intrinsic value of modding. Instead of people wanting to mod because it's fun, I think people will mod for the recognition, which isn't a great thing if you ask me. Kinda like how a whole bunch of people got onto the whole indie/UDK/Unity scene once the potential $$$ in doing so became known to the public.

@@SiLink
Link and therfiles like this

Recognition is EARNED not given freely.

And you think the modders others have listed did not earn the recognition? Nobody would list somebody if that person didn't get their attention somehow.

You should have made it clearer that this thread was for praising the people you named and not for discussing who else deserves praise if that's what you wanted.

But since this thread is degenerating quickly I suggest everybody simply creates a page on the wiki for the modders he finds noteworthy and explains their achievements. There's a category for modders which you can add them to by having [[Category:Modders]] in the text. I'll start doing that myself after uni.

• 7 years later...
On 12/18/2013 at 7:42 PM, Merek said:

Note: Although I may not like all the work they do these people should be recognized for their hard work and dedication to Jedi Academy. I felt it is time we do that. Be aware you might not recognize some of these authors as they have probably moved on but should be recognized anyways.

• Sith-J-Cull
  • Mace Crusher Madunusus
  • NozySpy
  • Szico VII
  • Raz0r (just because I can?)
  • Boba Fett
  • Hapslash

• Toshi

• Mars Marshall

• LivingDeadJedi

• SeveralSidedSid

• Shroomduck

• Slider (by recommendation)

• Lugor

• Circa

• AshuraDX

• Shadow Stone

• Knights of the Force Tim (tribute)

• EagleStriker (by SiLink request)

• Darth Arth

• Heavy Trooper (not the best modder but he does his best)

• Darth Linux

• Inyri

• Lt. Colonel John Sheppard (most of you don't know him but he made maps for Stargate Event Horizon and he is going to re-release it and update the links at www.sg-eh.forumotion.com register and revive the forum!!!)

• Dex (another Stargate Event Horizon and Stargate JKA Mapper)

• Watcher

• Wector

• Razorace

• Tobe_One

• AngelModder

Holy fuck I made the list back in 2013.... ❤️❤️ Wow thank you!

PreFXDesigns likes this
  • 2 years later...

Resurrecting again, this was over 10 years ago, I can't remember if I even read this thread or not.

I have to say this for JKA's mappers, I have astounding respect for you. The amount of time, blood, sweat and tears you put into your work has improved JKA to more than a game. The community content is a work of art, to a game's multiplayer that otherwise would have died out. Your work is worth preserving, and it should be preserved.

Circa likes this