New Star Wars Games

This can be the collective thread for any news and links pertaining to new Star Wars video games.

Of course, we have the new Battlefront game being developed by EA.

And everyone keeps saying battlefront 3 was cancelled...I keep telling them DICE is working on it, BUT THEY WON'T LISTEN!

Wasn't Battlefield 3 cancelled?

I only want a new JK if it is similar to the current ones with it's gameplay and moddable.

If you mean Battlefront 3 then yes, it was cancelled then re-developed a whole bunch of times. 

Battlefield 3 was not cancelled. 

Its ashame that this game won't be for the bloody Mac X_X

Wasn't Battlefield 3 cancelled?

I only want a new JK if it is similar to the current ones with it's gameplay and moddable.

Battlefront 3 was cancelled, but EA/DICE is developing a new Battlefront game. It was announced over the summer, with the above trailer.

If you mean Battlefront 3 then yes, it was cancelled then re-developed a whole bunch of times. 

Battlefield 3 was not cancelled. 

Its ashame that this game won't be for the bloody Mac X_X

Which game, Battlefront or Attack Squadrons? Either could be picked up by a Mac developer like Aspyr, don't lose hope yet.

LordDesann, Grab and z3filus like this

I'm sure Battlefront will be amazing! I can't wait to play it on PS4... which I also don't have yet. Hopefully someone will have the decency to give me a PS4 for Christmas along with some money, that's all I really want right now. I'm nearly broke :/

And all that Christmas shopping. ffs

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So, Attack Squadrons are no longer pending: it's cancelled! 

I don't know what it would look like, but if it had a gameplay similar to that of Rogue Squadron 3D, then it's a shame... I really miss that game.

The news somehow mention several Star Wars projects, also some unnamed yet, which are in development right now. 

I honestly think that EA and Dice will ruin these games. DRM, lame over priced DLC with a few maps or skins, pointless modern ranking system. I dont know, its sucks that we will never have that certain Lucasarts feeling anymore. Not to mention EA is known for screwing things up.

They aren't going to ruin battlefront. If they are taking time to actually travel to the film locations just to capture the epicness of it, that says something.\

But for the most part, Microsoft E3 and Ubisoft sucked. Nintendo E3 was awesome though.

• 2 months later...

I tried Star Wars: Commander, but not sure yet, whether it's worth being noticed by fans or not. Overall it doesn't introduce anything really special new. It's set after Episode IV and the scenario is based upon this event. You work with a group of mercs, who can join either the Empire of Rebel Alliance. I haven't checked it yet, but it's very possible, that some of vehicles from the prequels might have made it into this game as well. 

I read quite a lot of negative reviews for this game, and they are not biased... I think. The thing which I might not like about this game as well is the fact, that your units act by themselves during the battle. You do not order them to attack a certain building, instead you just put them near the enemy base and they randomly attack the buildings. Sometimes an enemy (in my case it was a womp-rat) would run out and try to eat my troopers, while they were shooting down some structures.

In some ways the game reminds of Empire at War, but here you have more building. So my favourite will still be Galactic Battlegrounds (needless to say, they created hundreds of various units and buildings if not thousands for that game, different for each of Star Wars fractions). I also miss certain aspects of the Rebellion video game here - the diplomacy, when establishing a contact with the planet was not through battle or intimidation, but also through negotiations. Not a very popular trend in video games now - they all are more about action.

It seems that Lego Star Wars are the most notable game up to date. KOTOR yes - but it was in the past. Let's hope they'll make something decent besides new Battlefront.

When asked, the developers said, that Battlefront would be set in OT surroundings, but DLC will be released to add battles from the prequels. I really don't like such attitude toward games - a game should be a game. Not a puzzle with some elements missing.

SWTOR also has some addons. They now have Manaan as a flashpoint, though I am almost done with that game. It became too much complicated, with too many rules, innovations, stuff and other things. I do like Tatooine there, some vehicles, armor and even stories. But on the whole the game doesn't bear any character which I would like to quote, to draw or remind. Well, except for orokeet, of course!

orokeet-pet.jpg

the_raven likes this

I mean, it is a mobile game. It's meant to be casually played. I didn't even consider reading into the technical aspects of it like that. :P It's fun. The ratings for it are great, according to the App Store. So I'm not sure where your stats are coming from. :D