Sales and freebies

Message added by Circa

These sales are usually temporary, so don't miss out when you see one posted! If you post a sale, be sure to link to it if possible and state for how long it's up if you can.

Most big game sales and freebies are posted on this subreddit, so be sure to check there and post any you think people should know about in this thread. Epic Games also gives out a free game every week if you use their launcher. Check out whatever is free now at this link.

2 hours ago, ooeJack said:

Yea. I have a feeling that I did end up forgetting to get it, that's all. ::(((((

You should check your emails if there is a receipt for the game. If you got that game and it still doesn't show up, you should contact the support of Epic about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This year's May the Fourth sale on various platforms and stores have started to be revealed. StarWars.com did an extensive list of gaming related sales going on, including Jedi Knight games.

Scroll down to the end for the PC sales, and of course head straight to Steam/GOG/Origin on May 4th to take advantage. Humble will have various bundles of games for a great price, and they almost always give you Steam keys.

Jedi Outcast and Academy will both be 65% off on all PC stores. Outcast will be 65% off on Nintendo Switch eShop, and Academy will be 50% off.

Of course this isn't the full extent of sales that will be going on. Nearly every store that sells anything related to Star Wars will be having a sale.
SWTOR will be offering a free (yet ugly) pet for those that login next week.

Be on the lookout for more sales and other celebrations (maybe even trailers?) to celebrate the franchise we all know and love.
Even if you are a new canon hater, hopefully you can find a way to be positive during this time instead of filling the internet with more hatred.

spacer.png

Star Wars gaming sales on StarWars.com

GOG.com Star Wars Sale

Edited by Circa
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

spacer.png

Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, and Republic Commando are free on Amazon Games for Prime Day today if anyone is interested. That means you need the Amazon Games launcher to install and play it. Not a big deal in my opinion but I know a lot of people get pissy about that for whatever reason. If you use OpenJK/EternalJK/MBII or any other client mod, this won't matter.

If you are new around here and wonder why you don't see any servers in the server list on Jedi Academy, read here.

Prime Day on Amazon Prime Gaming

Mass Effect Legendary Edition as well, and that one is redeemable on Origin.

BIG EDIT: These games do not contain multiplayer and JK2 crashes on launch. If you end up downloading these and want to play them, here is a tutorial on how to get them up and working, both SP and MP. Nice one, Amazon.

Edited by Circa
added tutorial
OCD2, Asulynn, Botdra and 1 other like this
10 hours ago, Circa said:

Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, and Republic Commando are free on Amazon Games for Prime Day today if anyone is interested. That means you need the Amazon Games launcher to install and play it. Not a big deal in my opinion but I know a lot of people get pissy about that for whatever reason. If you use OpenJK/EternalJK/MBII or any other client mod, this won't matter.

As a note, Circa kinda already said this, but the download contains all the assets needed for the game, but does not contain the executable for the multiplayer (weirdly enough).  That said, if you want to do multiplayer you can just use OpenJK and point it to the Amazon version's assets and it will work better than like the retail version would.

Circa likes this

JKG Developer