OpenJK Crashed Regular JAPLus not JA++ upon loading.

Merek

We don't need three different threads on this "issue". Stop it.

How about providing some information, such as:

• Whether you're running a server or a client
  • Where you're getting your OpenJK binaries from
  • Build date of the OpenJK build you're using (not completely necessary)
  • What platform you're running on (Windows/Linux/Mac)
  • Whether or not you're using JA++
  • What other mods you might have in your base (not entirely pertinent but good to know)
  • How you're running OpenJK (are you using the executable...?)
  • A console log (helpful)
  • When exactly it's crashing...on map load or game start?
  • How you're starting OpenJK (via .bat? mind sharing the contents of that?)
  • Where your OpenJK binary is in relation to your base folder (Is it in Gamedata?)
  • What version of JA+ you're using (Shall I assume latest?)
  • Whether or not you're using a debug build (provide a screenshot in the console and we can determine this easily)
  • How it's crashing (Debug assertion failed? Freezing? Viewlog error with a specific message? Straight crash to desktop? what?)

bolded all the important stuff

Dai, ent and Omicron like this

How about providing some information, such as:

• Whether you're running a server or a client
  • Where you're getting your OpenJK binaries from
  • Build date of the OpenJK build you're using (not completely necessary)
  • What platform you're running on (Windows/Linux/Mac)
  • Whether or not you're using JA++ - no.
  • What other mods you might have in your base (not entirely pertinent but good to know) - no other mods (fyi)
  • How you're running OpenJK (are you using the executable...?)
  • A console log (helpful) - not important since it crashed upon loading openjk > load mod > japlus > crash :angry: .
  • When exactly it's crashing...on map load or game start? - see previous answer.
  • How you're starting OpenJK (via .bat? mind sharing the contents of that?) - see previous previous answer
  • Where your OpenJK binary is in relation to your base folder (Is it in Gamedata?) - yes in gamedata
  • What version of JA+ you're using (Shall I assume latest?) - yes
  • Whether or not you're using a debug build (provide a screenshot in the console and we can determine this easily) - no
  • How it's crashing (Debug assertion failed? Freezing? Viewlog error with a specific message? Straight crash to desktop? what?) - Jedi Academy has encountered a problem. send or don't send.

crossed out the uneccessary junk and filled in the necessary stuff.

Don't use the Load Mod menu. Just use a .bat.

Particularly, one that looks like this...

openjk.x86.exe +set fs_game "japlus"

Also you ignored a pretty pertinent question. (Windows...or Mac?)

Whoops... sorry Windows of course. BTW Thank you and I will try not to triple post again.

LOOK IT IS STILL AN ISSUE OKAY? OPENJK KEEPS CRASHING UPON LOADING JA+ BUILD 2.4 FROM EITHER THE MOD MENU OR THE .BAT FILE. I CANNOT FIND A VERSION FOR WINDOWS XP ONLY WINDOWS. EITHER THE WINDOWS VERSION ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH XP OR I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

okay, so I apparently got it to work because when of an incorrect file that was automatically placed in my documents >  my games > openjk > japlus. But I am still getting the misc_model_ghoul error in multiplayer. Doesn't OpenJK fix that?

okay, so I apparently got it to work because when of an incorrect file that was automatically placed in my documents >  my games > openjk > japlus. But I am still getting the misc_model_ghoul error in multiplayer. Doesn't OpenJK fix that?

Is this just in the console?  Also you may have an old version of OpenJK before that fix.

JKG Developer