Download Error 509 Too much traffic

Go to solution Solved by Onysfx,

I posted a status, but I guess I'll have to explain further.

Everyone is getting that error because we reached our daily limit for downloads. The limit is 200 GB. We're still working to figure out what caused it exactly, but for now, we just have to wait until the 24 hour period is up. Sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...

That would be silly for the following reasons:

1. We'd have to go through every single file's page and add a second link.

2. Torrent sites are blocked on many networks (colleges, businesses, etc), including mine.

3. Dropbox works the best.

We exceeded our traffic limit because of image links we were using for the site. So every time someone visited the site, it would load that image from our Dropbox account, which racked up the bandwidth. We've since removed all images and files that aren't JKHub mods. It should not happen again.

But 509 is not cool too. Even it is okay for now, after some time the same thing can happen again.

AFAIK networks block only torrent sites like PirateBay or other torrent scrapyards. In this situation the usage of torrent system is okay, because it shares legal content.

My college network blocks any site flagged as a torrent site, and also blocks torrent programs from getting a connection, like uTorrent or BitTorrent.

It's not really feasible to do such a thing right now anyway, even if we were considering it. But we're not. Yet.