Beta Demo

DT85

Help me!! when i try to run the mod i can see the menu screen, the Jedi Knight text in space but the next scene is the Jedi Academy intro. After that, when the game is ready to begin, it back to menu with the error message: couldn't find weapon model for weapon. Anyone?

Anyone get this error? I just put DF2 in gamedata folder and change the target to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set fs_game DF2

That is right?

How about instead of complaining that its openjk, you try to find out why this is happening?  Nobody else reports this.

You just said false positive, so...  There is no problem, only crappy antivirus that doesn't recognize an unsigned binary for an unreleased engine.  Don't spread FUD please.

Also report false positives using the emails listed here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm

JKG Developer

Yeah but not jasp.exe, use the supplied OpenJK exe.

humm.. Right! I put the openjk.x86.exe and the rdsp-vanilla_x86.dll in gamedata folder. Correct the target and receive that message:

----- Initializing Renderer ----
Trying to load "rd-vanilla_x86.dll" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData"...
Trying to load "rd-vanilla_x86.dll" from ""...
Loading "rd-vanilla_x86.dll" failed
Failed to load renderer

the dll that come with the project is rdsp-vanilla_x86.dll and not the rd-vanilla_x86.dll. What i'm doing wrong?
DT85 likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was able to get the demo to run with the map command.  Overall its awesome.  I enjoy the level layout and found it to be fun.  Here are some of the things I noticed.

The enemies seems very strong for a first level.  I know its a demo but still took a lot of hits to bring down a Rodian and that's with a full charge Bryar to the head.  There were some places, noticeably by the Tie bomber bridge where there was no lighting.  And this might just be me, but Kyle was not the main character for me when I went into third person view.  It was the female Twi'ek.  has anyone else had that issue?

Overall though I enjoyed the level.  very nice work DT. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

And aside from not being in development, building the fuel conduits is quite a nightmare. The rest, not so much. Patches make it all a slight bit easier, but just a slight bit. The original devs sure had fun with frightening geometries, as the fuel conduits of level 9 and the barracks of level 6 around the Government Center demonstrate. Not to mention (*gosh*) The Falling Ship.

• 2 weeks later...