Already made posts, but...

Hello everybody. I've been playing Jedi Academy off and on since at least 2005, likely since Christmas 2003 (my current installation dates back to 2006, but I believe I had it installed on an earlier computer that has since been lost to the ages). I haven't played online much, as pretty much every time I tried it'd be some clan server where there might be some occasional dueling and nothing else, and every other server was set to saber only, no force; as I like loading up on full Dark powers and forgoing sabers (with g_debugmelee set to 1, of course), that ruleset is basically the antithesis of how I like to play. I recently got a gaming laptop so I could finally play newer games well, and considering this is the first time I've had a gaming laptop, I decided it would be cool if I could have a JA LAN party with my gaming group. I copied my installation from my desktop and played from there for awhile before discovering OpenJK, which fixed no end of graphical stuff that never worked and enabled me to shove ever more maps into the game. I'm not sure if we'll end up playing JA at our LAN party in the end, but regardless my interest in the game has been renewed.

So hello! I was unaware of this community until a month ago, but I'm glad I found it.

Circa and Ping like this