What I'd like to see in a JK2 SP mod

So I've wanted to make a JK2 SP mod for a while now that adds back in some cut levels, among other things:

- Nearly every mission has altered spawning, and as a result, nearly every mission can be stealthed through (so Mind Trick isn't totally useless).

- Restore cut mission cairn_stockpile

- Add a melee and grenade button for sticky situations.

- Alter saber mechanics to work more like JKG

- SIGNIFICANTLY change the weapon progression so its more gradual:

* Remove Det Pack and Trip Mine spawns prior to NS Streets

* Remove Trip Mines + Detpack in Nar Shaddaa bar (only Bryar Pistol spawns)

* Repeater now obtainable in Nar Shaddaa Hideout (Starpad has metallic bolts spawn in it already :D wat)

* Since Stockpile is between Assembly and Reactor, this gives a 2 level gap between obtaining the DEMP2 and the rocket launcher)

* Trip Mines now spawn in Bespin Platform (first obtainable in the game)

* Det Packs now spawn in Artus Detention (first obtainable prior to Yavin); Bespin Undercity (first obtainable post Yavin)

- Blaster-toting Trandoshans now spawn in NS Bar

- Bowcaster-toting Prisoners now spawn on Artus

- Weapons hit harder, sound more fearsome and have more menacing effects

- ...and you take more damage from other weapons, too.

- NPC AI improved. They will also use some interesting tricks as well

- Mine Monster biting improved; can no longer fail to do damage in some situations

- Howlers spawn in the swamps. Fast-moving and deadly, their howls are no longer sustained and instead deafen Kyle, allowing them an opportunity to attack. Their jumping attack inflicts knockdown.

- Saber throw improved at lower levels

- Removed Saber Offense and Defense from level load screens (always 0, no point)

- Speed is no longer an activated power; must hold the force button to use it. Acceleration is no longer based on frame rate so Speed doesn't affect acceleration (previously it increased top speed)

- More music tracks, improved musical moments.

- More translations (Dutch, Italian, Polish, ...)

- Added "Jedi Legend" difficulty, higher tier than Jedi Master.

- API integration

Circa, Unifermius, Stoiss and 2 others like this

Polish

Desann <3

* Remove Det Pack and Trip Mine spawns prior to NS Streets

* Remove Trip Mines + Detpack in Nar Shaddaa bar (only Bryar Pistol spawns)

* Repeater now obtainable in Nar Shaddaa Hideout (Starpad has metallic bolts spawn in it already :D wat)

* Since Stockpile is between Assembly and Reactor, this gives a 2 level gap between obtaining the DEMP2 and the rocket launcher)

* Trip Mines now spawn in Bespin Platform (first obtainable in the game)

* Det Packs now spawn in Artus Detention (first obtainable prior to Yavin); Bespin Undercity (first obtainable post Yavin)

- Blaster-toting Trandoshans now spawn in NS Bar

- Bowcaster-toting Prisoners now spawn on Artus

- Howlers spawn in the swamps. Fast-moving and deadly, their howls are no longer sustained and instead deafen Kyle, allowing them an opportunity to attack. Their jumping attack inflicts knockdown.

I think for this you need to make map, but after converting .bsp to .map, map looks awfull.

I really like the grenade button idea and the weapons hitting harder.

I'm not sure about changing the saber comabat to JKG's style. I've never heard about what that is so it may be great. I would be for the idea of adding it and allowing the player to switch between the two via console or as a seperate mod.

I've always wanted faster projectiles for guns. They always seemed slow.

Circa likes this

I'd be interested in faster projectiles for the Blaster and the Bowcaster in particular; if the projectiles were brought in line with their depiction in A New Hope and The Empire Strikes (and the sounds, too) I feel the game would have a far more realistic pace to it (since it'll be less likely that players/Kyle can 'walk out of the way' of incoming Blaster fire) and coupled with improved AI for ranged NPCs I anticipate we'd have shoot-outs that are more involving than the rather riskless exchanges in the Kejim levels (for instance).

I'd be interested in faster projectiles for the Blaster and the Bowcaster in particular; if the projectiles were brought in line with their depiction in A New Hope and The Empire Strikes (and the sounds, too) I feel the game would have a far more realistic pace to it (since it'll be less likely that players/Kyle can 'walk out of the way' of incoming Blaster fire) and coupled with improved AI for ranged NPCs I anticipate we'd have shoot-outs that are more involving than the rather riskless exchanges in the Kejim levels (for instance).

Just try Artus on Jedi Master/Legend with these changes. It's hard enough to speedrun.