FFA3 Remake

Pande

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@@Pande since reworking the "gold pack" into JK: Enhanced, this is mostly a SP project, but we will possibly include some MP maps like this. I'm curious though, could we use this map as an additional SP mission? I was thinking of possibly reworking the t1_sour mission to start on this map, and then move to the original after Kyle and Jaden "check out the cantina" like he says in the original.

And also any other maps you have that we could use would be appreciated as well. :) Could rework and add to them a bit to turn into a SP level.

Darth Sion likes this
  • 1 year later...

Just noticed this project, just wanted to say feel free to bundle the ffa3 map in it if you want

https://jkhub.org/files/file/1723-tatooine-spaceport-ffa-remake/

I have this one downloaded, personally and from exploring it, somewhat.. I always thought this could be awesome, if it was turned into an SP map/mission of some sort. Which mission or map, exactly though.. I don't know. Originally, I was thinking of the main intro mission you go on with Kyle Katarn, on Tatooine and bump into Chewbacca, for the first time.

Obviously, this is all down to someone being able to do the scripting and such for it. But I think it could well work. It'd certainly be a fresh and more updated take on Tatooine and in many ways, a lot more lore accurate (much like @JCulley3D's Coruscant map for "t2_rogue")

@@Pande since reworking the "gold pack" into JK: Enhanced, this is mostly a SP project, but we will possibly include some MP maps like this. I'm curious though, could we use this map as an additional SP mission? I was thinking of possibly reworking the t1_sour mission to start on this map, and then move to the original after Kyle and Jaden "check out the cantina" like he says in the original.

And also any other maps you have that we could use would be appreciated as well. :) Could rework and add to them a bit to turn into a SP level.

In fairness, this sounds like an excellent idea! But also, not that different than my response. To be perfectly honest, it would be great to have larger levels.. Or should I say more "lore accurate", updated and more in-depth maps. It'd certainly give JKA a fresh outlook. Ultimately, you could keep the missions and their objectives the same or even rework them in a custom way, but it would greatly improve the overall quality of the game.