Small Modification for NPC following and Alignment Request

Hello there. I need a modification for the base SP game of JKA. I'll try and explain the request the best I can.

-Friendly NPC's are set to default to follow you as soon as you come within a certain distance. I want this to be set too not follow by default and stay put. Then when I press the use key on the NPC, it will follow me and will stop when I press use on him again.

-I want the same thing to work for neutral NPC's.

Side request:

-I want to be able to change the targeted NPC's team by pressing a binded key. The 4 teams are, free, neuatral, enemy and friendly.

I am willing to pay for this request. If you wish to discuss more then email me at timesplitterstogmod@gmail.com or add my skype at Cairn_Trenor

Thank you.

you can do the first thing with icarus. simply make the spawnscript of NPC allied of your map as BS_SLEEP or BS_CINEMATIC or BS_WANDER and set they for not walk with icarus. set walking false, set running false.

as Usescript of your entity make a Script that tell:

set behaviour state: BS_FOLLOW_LEADER

SET_LEADER: player

SET_FOLLOW_DIST : specify the distance of following

you can also switch the teammate in the same things, using icarus script:

aSET: PLAYER_TEAM and yu chosse what team you wanna NPC become in a script.

SET_ENEMY_TEAM: and yu can choose what team NPC will fight

WIth Set ENEMY, Set Target and SET_CHASE_ENEMIES: true, yu can surely force NPC to fight the target you want in your mod.

For binding command, is little hard. i suggest to do on the Menu of game, before starting a level.

is possible to set a binding value for make saber of different kinds selectable quickly with f1-f2 etc etcm key with ui_saber command

i not know if is possibile to do that for teammate, yu need to code the menu code code maybe, or the code itself, i not sure about the last request, it's the more complicated. i not know if there is a binding cvar function in UI menu that can be setted about the TEAMMATES, sorry. :(

katanamaru likes this

you can do the first thing with icarus. simply make the spawnscript of NPC allied of your map as BS_SLEEP or BS_CINEMATIC or BS_WANDER and set they for not walk with icarus. set walking false, set running false.

as Usescript of your entity make a Script that tell:

set behaviour state: BS_FOLLOW_LEADER

SET_LEADER: player

SET_FOLLOW_DIST : specify the distance of following

you can also switch the teammate in the same things, using icarus script:

aSET: PLAYER_TEAM and yu chosse what team you wanna NPC become in a script.

SET_ENEMY_TEAM: and yu can choose what team NPC will fight

WIth Set ENEMY, Set Target and SET_CHASE_ENEMIES: true, yu can surely force NPC to fight the target you want in your mod.

For binding command, is little hard. i suggest to do on the Menu of game, before starting a level.

is possible to set a binding value for make saber of different kinds selectable quickly with f1-f2 etc etcm key with ui_saber command

i not know if is possibile to do that for teammate, yu need to code the menu code code maybe, or the code itself, i not sure about the last request, it's the more complicated. i not know if there is a binding cvar function in UI menu that can be setted about the TEAMMATES, sorry. :(

Do you think you could build this for me? since I have little to no idea of anything you just said due to my skills as a coder being none existent. It would be incredibly helpful of you.

Ehm, do you have gtk radiant 1.5.0 + behaved working? is not necessary to encoding the source for making that. it's a function that yu can make building your maps and putting NPCs in your maps. O.o

for the binding changing team, instead, i have not idea of how do that for the teammate, yu need to see the cvar command list of menu, if there is something about the teammating, but i never heard nothing about that. for the binding function is better to ask to other. for the change of teammetes, is very easy, yu need just gtk radiant, your builded map and icarus. is not coding, is scripting. and scripting is very very easy with Icarus.

:)

I don't think I have ever seen something like that : Dude is willing to pay for the mod, and another one is just telling him how to do something to imitate that certain mod, just like that - for free.

I think I could write that mod, but sadly I don not have JKA nor the code here. So yeah by the ime I get home someone will probably already do his.