Prepostorous mirror idea

You mean a window-like reflection of a room? (As in, a jpg texture of what I want to reflect).

eezstreet - I'll look up tcgen environment!

What I'm creating is a sort of paradox in a corridor, where you walk through a mirror which is invisible on one side (but you can't walk back), and shows a reflection of the corridor if you try to go back. A reflection, as if the path had actually changed and going back would appear to be the same way as going onward.

I've made a slight alteration in the idea though. I want to repeat this effect with two mirrors facing each other (from some distance). Don't worry, I'm aware that mirrors can't mirror other mirrors in this game. But I'm making a work-around using cameras. I have run into a new problem though (and quite silly it is).

Problem:

The camera the portal surface is pointing to shows the world up-side down. I tried using one earlier in a different part of the map, and it was normal.

What I ultimately want to achieve is to have the camera in the height that makes it look exactly like the textures on the wall (etc) repeats along the camera view.

Onysfx likes this

What I'm creating is a sort of paradox in a corridor, where you walk through a mirror which is invisible on one side (but you can't walk back), and shows a reflection of the corridor if you try to go back. A reflection, as if the path had actually changed and going back would appear to be the same way as going onward.

I've made a slight alteration in the idea though. I want to repeat this effect with two mirrors facing each other (from some distance). Don't worry, I'm aware that mirrors can't mirror other mirrors in this game. But I'm making a work-around using cameras. I have run into a new problem though (and quite silly it is).

I have no idea what kind of thing your making, but this idea is epic!

If your doing this with mirrors...

640px-Twisted_Passage_(Ocarina_of_Time).

Then the next thing you know, you'll be making twisted hallways xD.

Onysfx, haha would love that. Zelda (and mario with the never-ending stairs) had some great concepts.

Zack!!!!! You've brought me back in business. The roll did the trick. As for the patch mesh, I have tried that a couple of times, but it leaks the mirror it seems. For now I'll just use a clip (patch mesh) to hold the player in.

When trying it out in game after doing the roll-parameter, I actually scared myself. Like, I got chills, surprised by how it worked. Still need a few tweaks, but expect a little pk3 showcase of it for those who play JK2 here... soon enough!

Thanks!