Shadow Stormtrooper

On to the next trooper from The Force Unleashed is the Shadow Stormtrooper. This particular trooper has gone through several drafts and he still needs some work done. I think the shaders will really be what brings this guy to life. Anyway let me know what you think of this version so far.

pqgy.png

NOTE: This is based off the Wii version.

Lamented, Mandalorian and Circa like this

I'll never have what it takes to compete with you. XD

If you ever figure out the shader, could you help me with it sometime?

Sure, although I'll be honest shaders are a new thing to me. It will probably take a bit of trial and error to get it right but hopefully I can get something to work with him. I have special plans for a few other troopers after the Shadow's base skin is done.

Lamented likes this

if you need some more objects such as jump pack and stuff for the jumptrooper or things of that nature lemme know.. I can model em, ship em out to @@DT85, and he can heirarchy it and envelope it to the correct bone real easy like

is this dt's stormtrooper im looking at here?

if you need some more objects such as jump pack and stuff for the jumptrooper or things of that nature lemme know.. I can model em, ship em out to @@DT85, and he can heirarchy it and envelope it to the correct bone real easy like

Oh hey Chalk, maybe you could help with my icon...

That's possible, shouldn't take me too long just make sure you include LODs for anything you make. ;)

ChalklYne likes this

I know you did say you were planning on doing a Jumptrooper somewhere done the line but you don't need to start that right now unless you really want to and yes that is DT's model.

Yes, PM, don't flood Barricade's thread with your own requests. You should have just PM'd him in the first place.

Back on topic:

What's the difference between the Wii version and the others?

The Wii version for one, is much easier to see. Compared to the shots of the one from the 360 version, which are Deviance's thread, the two are quite distinct. The Wii version has a much distinct dark navy color on his armor, while the 360 version just looks like a flat metallic blue with some parts more refelctive than others. Which is weird because the Shadow EVO Trooper from the 360 version looks more like the Wii version of the Shadow Trooper.

That's possible, shouldn't take me too long just make sure you include LODs for anything you make. ;)

It would be really cool to have an ammo pack for the shoulder pad of the Stormtrooper. That's the only thing I really "need" at the moment. So if you could add one on that would be really awesome.

Anyone have any tips making select parts of a model be shiny and reflective? I tested around with this:

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/shine

blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

tcGen environment

but it did not give me the result I wanted. Anyone have any other types on getting the result I am looking for?

That's what I didn't like about TFU - in different platforms it had even different plots sometimes. There is that gungan mercenary, that is never seen in PC version.

Also I miss the Imperial Senate Sentinels - I think they are called like that - which appear in some versions of the game again.

This also applies to shadow stormtrooper (though I really like the look of the model in this thread) - one can never be sure, how the object or character actually looks like.

Jeff likes this

That's what I didn't like about TFU - in different platforms it had even different plots sometimes. There is that gungan mercenary, that is never seen in PC version.

Also I miss the Imperial Senate Sentinels - I think they are called like that - which appear in some versions of the game again.

This also applies to shadow stormtrooper (though I really like the look of the model in this thread) - one can never be sure, how the object or character actually looks like.

Yeah, it is kind of difficult to tell. It's weird that the Shadow EVO in the 360 version of the game has pretty much the same pattern as the one in the Wii version. I'm not sure why the regular shadow trooper looks so different but at least I have something to base mine off of.

Anyone have any tips making select parts of a model be shiny and reflective? I tested around with this:

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/shine

blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

tcGen environment

but it did not give me the result I wanted. Anyone have any other types on getting the result I am looking for?

well if you get me a pic of what your current shader looks like ingame , show me your shine texture and tell me what you want to achieve I guess I can

I have been playing around with shaders and I think I may have a suitable test subject for the shine.

3mvv.jpg
i1jc.jpg
csgd.jpg

I was wondering, is there anyway to target only certain parts of the model with the shiny shader? I only need the areas that are silver to have the shine, so I have a feeling I might not to do some transparency work in order to get certain parts to be free from the silver shine. Anyway, let me know what you guys think so far.

@@Barricade24 it's been a while since i've played with shaders but if I remember right, it's similar to making only certain sections of a texture work for a glow shader; make every section you don't want to be effected by the shine black and save it as a second texture. Then you map the original in the beginning of the shader and wherever it is for the shine to be applied where it maps the texture again direct it to the path of the edited image with the black areas.

Make sense? I can find an old shader file for you if you need an example.

I'd use overlays to cover the parts that are not supposed to shine

simply create an alpha channel on a copy of your texture that's transparent in places the model is supposed to shine

and put that as an alphamapped diffuse stage above the shine stage in your shader

if you need an example for this check out my assassins Creed weapons pack

I used this for the hidden blade I think

I believe I have an image set up, but I don't seem to have the shaders correctly set up. How exactly do I go about coding this in? The image I am using is called "armor-shine", this is the one that replaces all the areas I don't want to have the silver metallic in black. I also have a spec image that is in use.

Anyway here is a view of my current shader settings:

models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor

{

q3map_nolightmap

q3map_onlyvertexlighting

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/armor-spec

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE

detail

alphaGen lightingSpecular

}

{

map models/players/shadow_stormtrooper2/gloss

blendFunc GL_ZERO GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR

detail

alphaGen lightingSpecular

tcGen environment

}

}

Any help that anyone can provide will be must appreciated. :) 

I should also ask: do I need to add any transparency to the image or in the shader code? Because I haven't done that yet.