rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

Btw, if any changes do come about to spatial partitioning, I wouldn't use octrees. They aren't friendly for optimal memory accesses. Instead I would recommend a regular grid of cubes (e.g. 512x512x512 in size) which have stuff in them and then loop through each cube and see if it's visible. Any changes of these kinds (whether it's octrees or not) would also need changes to q3map2...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Myself, but I know that mostly everyone else in jacoders has said previously they don't know much about renderers.  I don't even go to #jacoders anymore so why ask that?  We knew this going in that mostly only xyc was going to work on it and may go stagnant and other life issues anyway have affected every other aspect of OJK development so there's that as well.

Smoo likes this
  • 1 month later...

Unless there is activity (not counting merges from master branch) on the main repository's rend2 branch soon, I'd say it's dead.  No idea who Miracle Max is.

ude815Q.jpg

From the film Princess Bride. :P

But yes, if the project isn't being worked on for months and no plans in the future, it's dead.

Archangel35757 and DT. like this