rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

@@Veosar take a look at the end of scope, and the 2 scope mounts for example

L7Ykce8l.jpg

you will notice that some triangles don't show the reflection at all

@@Xycaleth would you be interested in that Nvidia Card for debugging ? If you pay the shipping costs I'll gladly send it over

Thanks @@AshuraDX. I'll try debugging through @@DT85 first, and if that doesn't go well then I'll consider it :)

Great work :)

Is there a way you could make swimming underwater more blurred/realistic rather than the game's default way of just coloring everything blue? One of the things I absolutely hate about this game is how ugly and cheap the water looks, but it looks like that might be changing now. 

Archangel35757 likes this

Great work :)

Is there a way you could make swimming underwater more blurred/realistic rather than the game's default way of just coloring everything blue? One of the things I absolutely hate about this game is how ugly and cheap the water looks, but it looks like that might be changing now.

Maybe it could be something like a fog effect that limit your visibility-- just like real water (depending on water quality)

From what I remember, the water/slime/lava underwater colors are set in the code so it would require code changes. Perhaps at the very least we could change it to point to a texture instead so it's easier to mod? @@Xycaleth

Really need better water animations as well. Right now, it's only 1 animation from what I can tell.

Really need better water animations as well. Right now, it's only 1 animation from what I can tell.

Almost two: one for swimming and one for standing still, even though I noticed somewhere in the code that it could support a backward swim animation.

I tried with a fog brush not too long ago and the effect isn't that bad. The underwater blue hue however ruins it a lot.

Archangel35757 likes this

Hmm, what about having an underwater area that has 0 gravity to simulate water but put the fog shader on it?

I think Zero-gravity would only work if you are neutrally bouyant... otherwise based on your bouyancy you'd either rise or sink (requiring you to swim to resist rising or sinking). I'm not sire how detailed the game's regarding bouyancy are... don't water brushes use bouyancy?

@@Raz0r, @@Ramikad -- can we control the color of the fog?