rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

The DLL44 looks quite shiny. I expect it's not meant to be that shiny :P

shot2015-07-21_19-35-27.png

shot2015-07-21_19-35-37.png

But soon after I toned the values down a bit (probably not correct to do this, but as a quick hack). I expect it's because Surface Designer (I think that's what @@AshuraDX used for the textures?) uses a different lighting model from rend2...

shot2015-07-21_19-43-32.png

shot2015-07-21_19-43-21.png

shot2015-07-21_19-42-50.png

So there are some extra changes I can make so it looks more correct, but it would make existing JKA assets look wrong. I need a way to make both work...

HOOOLLLLY BANTHA SHET!

so @@DT85 sent me a compiled version of OJK + rend2

now I can't set up rend2, I tried 

cl_renderer rd-rend2_x86 & cl_renderer rd-rend2, both followedf up by either a vid restart or restarting the game entirely - but after the restart it would still tell me it was set to rd-vanilla

EDIT : after deleting all OJK files from my gamedata folder and adding the new ones it seems to work, now I jsut need a test map....

EDIT2 : new version of the shaders and textures : https://www.dropbox.com/s/c37dkb54ddp6thy/HUGEDL44_v2.pk3?dl=0

something I noticed : are damage marks on glm meshes broken ? I shot it and then it had random white rectangles drawn all over it, not even in the location the shot hit it

Sovietskiy Partizan likes this

something I noticed : are damage marks on glm meshes broken ? I shot it and then it had random white rectangles drawn all over it, not even in the location the shot hit it

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to adding that yet :( It's on my todo list.

I'm thinking the issue people are having with random black triangles is only reproducible with Nvidia cards. I've not heard anyone report this when they are using an AMD card :( unfortunately this makes it very difficult for me to debug the issue...

I'm thinking the issue people are having with random black triangles is only reproducible with Nvidia cards. I've not heard anyone report this when they are using an AMD card :( unfortunately this makes it very difficult for me to debug the issue...

How much would a used nVidia graphics card cost? I'll chip in for one for you... alternatively, I'll make you a good deal on a brand new in the box GTX580 3Gb water-cooled card. :winkthumb:

I have an AMD card, don't have rend2 installed though.

Can you please test out rend2 and check to see if you have random black triangles on player models?

If you don't get them, then it is an NVidia issue. Is there a way I can help you debug @@Xycaleth?

Can you please test out rend2 and check to see if you have random black triangles on player models?

If you don't get them, then it is an NVidia issue. Is there a way I can help you debug @@Xycaleth?

If we're online at the same time, I can walk you through  some changes to the shader to get a better of what's happening. What time are you generally online?

@@DT85, just link me to the files I need and how to install them, my brain is generally too fried from work these days to wanna have to figure it out, I'm also not home much but I'll try to find the time unless someone else with an AMD card wants to help.

If it makes any difference it's a MSI R5770 Hawk with a slight overclock past what the MSI version of the Radeon HD5770 has. The card is kinda old.

@DT85

I can help too, if you would give me instructions on how to install it properly with already set configurations. I'm not really sure how to do it myself, because I didn't track the thread for some time now. Maybe my help might be useful, after all, two tests give way more certainty than one.

My graphic card is ATI Radeon 7850 HD with 1 GB of VRAM.

Actually, if you just could precise what we are looking for, just small random, shadow triangles?