rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

• 3 weeks later...

Small warning: some substantial changes were made to the code on Windows, so rend2 won't be able to work on newer builds. They're just behind the scenes changes, so there isn't anything majorly exciting in it.

If you want to continue using rend2, sit tight and keep using your current build of OpenJK :) I'll be committing a fix at some point in the next few weeks, or anyone is free to submit a pull request to fix it. I'm going to be on holiday/vacation until the beginning of March starting from the end of this week.

DT. likes this
  • 3 months later...

Both numbers were from rend2 - one before my change, one after.

Szico made the Atlantica map so I trust he vis'd the map properly :) Using vanilla, the FPS is about 60 FPS. The way I'm tackling the problem now is to disable all the extra fancy features of rend2 and try and bring Atlantica up to 120FPS. Then I'll re-enable one thing at a time and do some more optimizations to keep it above that number. If 120FPS is too much, then I might drop it down to 90FPS as my target. 

I'm testing this on a fairly old card (4 or 5 year old AMD Radeon GPU) so anyone with a newer card should in most cases get better performance.

Didz, DT. and minilogoguy18 like this

How are you getting rend2 to run? It has a pink screen when the videos are playing and It crashes if I try to skip them.

It just runs for me :s I am getting the occasional crash since I've made my changes so there's a bug somewhere which might be always happening for you but not for me...

Are you running the latest rend2 and OpenJK?

Also where can I find the latest rend2 dll file? Thanks in advance.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/874909/rd-rend2_x86.zip

I grabbed the latest commit from git and compiled it. Same thing for both Release & Debug.

EDIT:

@@Xycaleth get the same thing with the latest windows build of OpenJK (which is a month out of date btw) & the rend2 file you posted a link to. I'm running an NVIDIA GTX 650.

Pink is gone now, but the crash still remains when skipping the vids. I have my debug setup how the wiki says. I've tried attaching to process, debugging in VS & just hitting the debug program button when it crashes and still it says source not available. No idea what the hell is going on.