rd-rend2 (old thread)

eezstreet

Guest KENNITHH
Yea I guess cubemaps + wave shader + (doesn't JK have some kind of distortion effect in their nades? this could be cool too to make the water look blurry) would be pretty awesome already.

But the berserker one looks cool too.

And pitty that MD5 wont be added :( might be good for a seperate mod maybe which can be combined with Rend2?

I could make a thread for this (tell me if I should), but just wondered if there's a quick trick to making normal maps look correct in rend2! Szico deserves a break but I guess I'm hinting a bit at his works :P At the moment it looks and behaves the same way it did when I tried this a year-ish ago before rend2 was in the works/ports. It all looks like big plastic bubbles, no matter what I test it on.

Shader:

textures/bootland/concrete_wall
{
	qer_editorimage textures/bootland/concrete_wall
	q3map_normalimage textures/bootland_nmaps/concrete_wall_nmap.tga
	q3map_lightmapsamplesize 2x2
	q3map_shadeangle 60 //have tried other angles
	{
	map $lightmap
	rgbGen identity
	}
	{
	map textures/bootland/concrete_wall
	blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
	}
}

etc...

Test-screenshots:

Edit: Made new thread here.

@@Xycaleth

q3map_sunExt seems to be bugged ingame when using the default renderer. BaseJA, rend2 both render the sky normally when using this shader command, however in OpenJK default renderer it seems to not recognise the deviance stage of the shader and displays the sky as a texture not found.

Ive also noticed when taking screenshots, it does not preserve the antialiasing.... and fraps completely bugs out

textures/skies/bootland
{
qer_editorimage textures/skies/sky
surfaceparm sky
surfaceparm noimpact
surfaceparm nomarks
notc
q3map_nolightmap
skyParms textures/skies/yavin 512 -
q3map_sunext 1 1 1 1000 155 50 0.5 8
}
Error is "unrecognised command "0.5" in shader xxxxx

Wonder if this is due to any changes you made to the vanilla renderer?

You should increase the shadow size in the console. I use:

r_shadowMapSize 2048

Can't wait for rend2 SP, this is simply amazing. :D Will look even better when specular is working and there's a bloom version of dynamic glow.

EDIT:

Drop this into your base folder: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh9qp23es0rgxwc/zzzz_rend2_menu.pk3

Has a fair amount of rend2's options. It also removes vanilla specific options from VIDEO, so if you want those options back then remove the pk3.

You have to use the respective commands not adding the extension.

screenshot by itself is jpg screenshot_tga is tga, screenshot_png is png.

NOTE: PNG screenshots in vanilla don't gamma correct, everything else does and all 3 do in rend2.

And JPEG screenshot command is identical.  Sounds like issue/conflict with driver or something.

eezstreet likes this
Guest KENNITHH

Awesome szico :D, and is it me or does the water look slightly different too? And are you using a normal map on the water? I think games like battlefield use it, might be worth a shot even though it looks nice already.

And is that a working lense flare? :o