Star Wars Rebels

Magic Sheev.

Just don't ask him to strip for god's sake.

Yeah, he's pretty wizard, ain't he?

Actually, for a minute there, I thought there was a hole in his robe on the chest, and there was some symbol drawn on it, I could be mistaking though and it might have been an amulet.

So

The portal in which Ezra saw Kanan was an illusion, right? It had Sith symbols all over it and after they turned their back from it, Palpatine appeared. Could it have been a trick to make Ezra go directly to Palpatine, like when Yoda saw a fake illusion of Syfo Dias? 

So

The portal in which Ezra saw Kanan was an illusion, right? It had Sith symbols all over it and after they turned their back from it, Palpatine appeared. Could it have been a trick to make Ezra go directly to Palpatine, like when Yoda saw a fake illusion of Syfo Dias? 

I figured it was just the portal's design, but that's a good theory in fact, especially since the symbol on top of the portal looked suspiciously close to the old Sith Empire logo.

What's worse is that both Palpatine and the imperial scientist now know how to access the strange dimension - Palpatine could access it through (Sith?) magic, as we saw, and since the scientist saw Ezra do it, and spoke to Sabine, it doesn't take much to figure out that one simply needs to use the Force to work the portals, and he will definitely report to Palpy about it. Since we already know that the Empire holds several other portals (as explained by the scientist), it would have been quite probable that they would have tried accessing them, since they do have Force-users in their employ. But alas, for continuity, or just out of sheer ignorance, this will most likely be ignored by Disney or Lucasarts or whoever.

I can't say, I was too keen on Rebels, at least not like in the beginning. The introduction of various cool characters, like Thrawn or Mon Mothma didn't save the story too much. Perhaps, that's because I pay attention both to the story and the visual side, the latter was lacking some depth. E.g. you see Lando, but the surrounding stuff isn't that cool, including the pig, that he wanted to acquire.

The latest episodes with the Lothal Temple were quite captivating though. Perhaps, because they made a new character, which wasn't powerful, but yet hold some intrigue - the Minister. We can also see old 'friends' from TCW, which was good. But the thing with Time Travel - and I am positive that's what've seen in the episode - wasn't a very good sign.

I can't say, I was too keen on Rebels, at least not like in the beginning. The introduction of various cool characters, like Thrawn or Mon Mothma didn't save the story too much. Perhaps, that's because I pay attention both to the story and the visual side, the latter was lacking some depth. E.g. you see Lando, but the surrounding stuff isn't that cool, including the pig, that he wanted to acquire.

The latest episodes with the Lothal Temple were quite captivating though. Perhaps, because they made a new character, which wasn't powerful, but yet hold some intrigue - the Minister. We can also see old 'friends' from TCW, which was good. But the thing with Time Travel - and I am positive that's what've seen in the episode - wasn't a very good sign.

There's a reason to be concerned with the time travel stuff: Paradoxes. Butterfly Effect. That essentially was what my thoughts were in regards to that.

BTW, and I...hate being THAT guy, but how goes Dark Pastime? I know the team is working in secret and in silence, but I wanted to break the ice and ask the question.

the_raven and NumberWan like this

Just watched the last two episodes. Damn, the finale was awesome! And I stand corrected - the Emperor did try to use the gateway, though I'm still not sure why he needed Ezra and why he only used a portal to Lothal's past instead of that world between worlds.

I'm surprised they didn't bring in the Mandos and the droids to help 'em, but it's all good, at least it didn't feel as cheezy as the ending of Spy Kids 3D :lol:

At the same time, I don't get why the Empire - still at its prime by the way! - just left Lothal alone after the Rebels took it, I mean, they had the Death Star, and plenty of Star Destroyers to just bomb the surface to smitherines from orbit, after all, if I'm not mistaking, the planetary shield was operated from the dome, and the Rebels destroyed it. Also, why didn't Zeb use his weapon in the final battles? Did he lose it? Also, also, did anyone else think that Ezra's final task for Sabine was to give his lightsaber to Luke? That'd have been a fun little retcon, since I've always had difficulty believing that Luke simply built himself a new saber right off the bat (that's just me though :rolleyes:).

I wonder what show will come next. Will it be the adventures of Sabine and Ahsoka? Or will that be in comic/ book format? :huh:

I just hope it's not Forces of Destiny, because I don't think anyone actually watches that. -_-

Never liked this show... i will not tell bad things or even my opinion... only for this thing *SPOILER ALERT*

When i saw Ashoka survived .... after being pulled by Ezra through this portal... i was pissed. Well it might sound weird... but i was. Clearly because time traveling and changing story with time in overall... create too much fuckedupness... AND IN STAR WARS??... It is just weird... And FACT that this was time traveling TO THE PAST .. physical person traveled to the future... this is just wrong. Dont put the time traveling bullshit into the Star Wars .. Force Was something That was moving .. like a river... there is not turning back other then some ghost, stong force area or artefacts.. holocorns. Seeing Darth Revan fighting Darth Vader OK fine idea! Would be cool. Darth Maul vs Vader?? Cool too. Making it canon that it would actually happend because vader would found some portal.... just no.. stop it..

the_raven likes this

If ashoka is  still alive than why didn't she fight the Sith lords or tell anyone who Darh Vader really was.
Or expose the Emperor as a sith lord.
I don't mind her charcter until I think about how stupid it was to have Anakin even have her as an apprentice in the first place.
Leia could of gone to Ashoka instead of old Ben.
Leaves a plot hole they will hopefully fix in whatever the have planned next.

Time travel means they can now retcon anything they want. I hope it is never used again.

the_raven likes this

To be fair, the "time travel" seems limited and of the 'closed loop' variety which I'm less worried about (though I would rather they stayed away from that entirely). 

What I mean by that is that nothing suggests what Ezra did during the Ahsoka-Vader fight was actually any different to what had always happened.

We know from the original Season 2 finale that A) Ahsoka is last seen fighting Vader, B) Vader walks away alone and C) Ahsoka is glimpsed disappearing into the ruins. Showing that Ezra did what he did in interfering via the portals doesn't mean he actually changed anything, but rather him doing so was always how we got from A to C.

This is why Ezra could not save Kanan - when Kanan died, Ezra had already made the decision not to save him. Closed loop.

Likewise, the Emperor says he wants the power to visit and change these pathways but we already know he doesn't get it because otherwise the past would already be different to what we have seen. Palpatine himself doesn't understand that the power he is seeking is truly beyond his grasp or else he would have already benefited from it.

If we saw someone go back through the portals to, say, stop Alderaan from being blown up then that would be a different story since it would be a case of them actually changing the course of events rather than the portal simply being part of the course of events.

Ugh, does that make sense? Even talking about time travel stuff makes my head hurt.

To be fair, the "time travel" seems limited and of the 'closed loop' variety which I'm less worried about (though I would rather they stayed away from that entirely). 

What I mean by that is that nothing suggests what Ezra did during the Ahsoka-Vader fight was actually any different to what had always happened.

We know from the original Season 2 finale that A) Ahsoka is last seen fighting Vader, B) Vader walks away alone and C) Ahsoka is glimpsed disappearing into the ruins. Showing that Ezra did what he did in interfering via the portals doesn't mean he actually changed anything, but rather him doing so was always how we got from A to C.

This is why Ezra could not save Kanan - when Kanan died, Ezra had already made the decision not to save him. Closed loop.

Likewise, the Emperor says he wants the power to visit and change these pathways but we already know he doesn't get it because otherwise the past would already be different to what we have seen. Palpatine himself doesn't understand that the power he is seeking is truly beyond his grasp or else he would have already benefited from it.

If we saw someone go back through the portals to, say, stop Alderaan from being blown up then that would be a different story since it would be a case of them actually changing the course of events rather than the portal simply being part of the course of events.

Ugh, does that make sense? Even talking about time travel stuff makes my head hurt.

That's exactly how I've interpreted it and why it doesn't bother me at all. Everything that happens seems to be predisposed to happen. I'd also point out that Ahsoka didn't travel to the future, but was taken to a place where time doesn't exist as we know it. It's not the first time that the idea has been suggested, since the Mortis arc presented the notion that the protagonists were in a place where time didn't occur in the same way as in other places of the galaxy (what they thought were days were in fact just seconds for the rest of the universe). In this case, both Ezra and Ahsoka were in a place were time just didn't happen. 

The mortis arc also suggests that the son 'broke the rules of time' when he reveals the future to Anakin, so the whole concept of time traveling does have a precedent, it's not to be going back in time or forward to retcon events that they don't want to be canonical. 

Well I get that, It is more that some hack could abuse it or some producer could do a reboot using it.The hope is it isn't used again in anyway that violates the closed loop version of time travel.

It could be fine in comics or books but I just don't want to see it in film or tv. Just my personal opinion on it though. I feel like Ashoka being so heavily apart of the rebellion and knowing Vaders past is a huge issue.They needed to of wrapped up her story.

I liked the rebels over all. the last few episodes where a bit cheap in my opinion. Cool how they had most the characters in their but the space whales not so much. Sabine was particularily awesome.

Noodle likes this