The Force Unleashed Mod

Since a few weeks I have been working on The Force Unleashed JK3 mod. I don't have that much modding experience nor skills, but I am trying to do my best.

The mod's name will be Power Unleashed. I know it sounds kind of cheap, but it was my best idea concerning this mod since I've begun creating it.

PU_logo.jpg

The Force Unleashed JK3 Mod [youtube url]

Here's a little video from that what's done so far. I've already fixed that forward-manual blocking. The worst thing is that I do not have any decent maps that would, at least partially, be similar to original TFU ones.

List of that what I've managed to do:

- got some decent models,

- made new push, lightning fx,

- mixed n made some new animations,

- created Dash and Repulse,

- reskinned HapSlash's Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper,

- made some minor things, like NPC files, cfgs, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Please, post your suggestions here.

Omicron and ChalklYne like this

Long explanation

Well, the gripped anim I had already done 5 vyears ago and still have it. I have a more believable motion to it where the victim is kind of clawing for things near the ground, and his spine is functioning correctly when he's flopped around. Try to revisit that. Also, the saber anims are so janky that it is very difficult to differentiate what exactly is going on. If you replaced a weapon to create that push, it isn't working. The dash anim could use a lot of work, but I am wondering if you did it the conventional way (added aev_move to the crouch and crouch roll) or if this is something completely different. The repulse looks like it needs some work as well. It should be an easily used, more free flowing move. No gaps in between or pauses. It is also nice how I am nowhere included in any of your credits and thank yous when it is over obvious you jacked plennnnty of my ideas XD No need for me to pull up old videos to prove it... wait.. screw it here we go lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzfFfMkhQlg

I never ask for recognition anyways, just pointing out the obvious.

Now, all that being said, I really appreciate all the time you're putting into this mod and hope to see it's completion in a timely manner, to give people something to play with until I'm done with this ridiculous amount of work im pouring into Unleashed 1.5

Good luck with everything brotha

oh... and dont make that repulse a weapon dude... make it a saber. If that's what's going on there 

On the topic of helping me out... dude... im so anal about things. Like... I see so much that I would have to redo in this video that It seems like I'd be coming back behind you cleaning up everything, when it's quicker to just get it done the way I want it the first time by doing it myself. No offense dude, but just like @@AshuraDX's starkiller model, I could have just used that, and im sure its fine and everything will be ok, but I have a vision of how I want this mod to function and look, and conveying that to someone else has proven to be rather difficult. 

So that being said as well, in the most non-dooshbag way possible, if you were to help, I'd just need things like miscellaneous anims for the other npc's (proxy etc). The rest has all already been either started or predetermined. honestly I'm a few maps and some scripting, a little rigging, and a few anims to being almost done. So I thank you for all the support and I appreciate your vision of a TFU mod, i just am going to respectfully decline atm any help on the actual gameplay. Models and textures are more than appreciated though dude.

At any rate I am very excited to see what you have here and am looking forward to seeing it's completion. 

The part that had me the most lulzy... was it's title... rofl

I've been a part of JAU, JKTFU, and now Unleashed 1.5  but duuuude... you just said screw u all this is "THE Force Unleashed mod" rofl I can't get enough of that XD that's just epic dude good show... good show indeed

The entire topic, the title, the video, everything.. u get a 8.5/10 from me dude

In short

Thank you, but I respectfully decline. Amazing amount of work here though good start.

Well, the gripped anim I had already done 5 vyears ago and still have it.

The grip is based on Gamemaster's telekinesis. Just an imported anim and modified to rotate.

Also, the saber anims are so janky that it is very difficult to differentiate what exactly is going on. If you replaced a weapon to create that push, it isn't working.

I was using some weird JPGs to AVI converter and somehow... The file seems kinda corrupted. Speeding up, slowing down. The push is the push, just with a additonal line in animevents.cfg

The dash anim could use a lot of work, but I am wondering if you did it the conventional way (added aev_move to the crouch and crouch roll) or if this is something completely different.

The Dash anim is based on the leapattack kata move. Ive never heard of aev_move so I guess I will try doing it.

The repulse looks like it needs some work as well. It should be an easily used, more free flowing move. No gaps in between or pauses.

Recording lowered the fps and repulse looks far more smoothier ingame. I had some trouble in making the repulse's animations and there's really much to fix. Anyway, it's the best of my animations for repulse.

It is also nice how I am nowhere included in any of your credits and thank yous when it is over obvious you jacked plennnnty of my ideas XD No need for me to pull up old videos to prove it... wait.. screw it here we go lol: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HzfFfMkhQlg

The grip thing was introduced after I had watched JAU Trailer by TheExile (which is removed from youtube, I got it on my hard drive, I can upload it if u want).

oh... and dont make that repulse a weapon dude... make it a saber. If that's what's going on there

It is lightsaber. I did read a thread on filefront's forums, where Ashura/Jedi hero (don't remember which one) explained the basics. That a saber conjuring a shockwave was already made and it does not really require much of work to fix it.

Now, all that being said, I really appreciate all the time you're putting into this mod and hope to see it's completion in a timely manner, to give people something to play with until I'm done with this ridiculous amount of work im pouring into Unleashed 1.5. 

Good luck with everything brotha

Thanks. First of all, I got to find out how to place a floor in radiant. I wish you good luck and much of fun with your Unleashed 1.5!

On the topic of helping me out... dude... im so anal about things. Like... I see so much that I would have to redo in this video that It seems like I'd be coming back behind you cleaning up everything, when it's quicker to just get it done the way I want it the first time by doing it myself. No offense dude, but just like @

AshuraDX's starkiller model, I could have just used that, and im sure its fine and everything will be ok, but I have a vision of how I want this mod to function and look, and conveying that to someone else has proven to be rather difficult.

Okay, I understand. I wish you good luck with your mod!

Either @@AshuraDX or myself will be able to help you fix that dash. Its not just the fps of the anims I slowed it down to make sure.. talk to @@katanamaru about transitions and things of that nature. The repulse, I really feel the need to just give you the working one, but, seeing that it literally took me 3 months of steady work on it to perfect it, I have to decline. All I can say is, it looks to be functioning like you want, so maybe just mess with the anim a bit like u said and im sure it's fine.

Good stuff here. Nice mashing of other mods. Be sure you include in the credits the creator of that cameraandtimescripts mod youve included. Just because you saw it on a video of JAU or wherever, doesn't mean you shouldnt include them in the credits. Just my opinion. That way someone relevant to that mod might be interested in helping you if anything, and show you things like the correct dash and stuff u know? I just like to include everyone who had their hand in anything even suggestions that I end up using... and since this mod will be a mashing of other mods, be careful and include all original creators in the credits

It is lightsaber. I did read a thread on filefront's forums, where Ashura/Jedi hero (don't remember which one) explained the basics. That a saber conjuring a shockwave was already made and it does not really require much of work to fix it.

The other person, in the "CHALK's REPULSE" thread that explained it to you... was Chalk brotha lol

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-jk3-modding-mapping-editing/448357-chalks-repulse.html

Read the introduction in it's entirety and you'll be able to fix it hopefully

Lord_Newbie likes this

Either @AshuraDX or myself will be able to help you fix that dash.

I don't think if that's really needed  ;) . I am on a good way. The animation gotta be improved, and it's gonna look really fine.

The repulse, I really feel the need to just give you the working one, but, seeing that it literally took me 3 months of steady work on it to perfect it, I have to decline

The repulse took me most of the time and I am kinda proud of it even despite it's not as good as I would like it to be.

Good stuff here. Nice mashing of other mods.

I hope that with time I will earn experience and I will be able to replace most of the used mods by my own stuff.

cameraandtimescripts

That's not camera and time script. If I remember correctly, it allowed you to change the direction up to 180 degrees or had another feature I disliked. I began to make such a script from the scratch and got like 1/3 now (horizontal rotation).

Anyway, I've already uploaded the trailer I was referring to.

Jedi Academy Unleashed - Trailer by TheExile

Either @AshuraDX or myself will be able to help you fix that dash.

I don't think if that's really needed  ;) . I am on a good way. The animation gotta be improved, and it's gonna look really fine.

The repulse, I really feel the need to just give you the working one, but, seeing that it literally took me 3 months of steady work on it to perfect it, I have to decline

The repulse took me most of the time and I am kinda proud of it even despite it's not as good as I would like it to be.

Good stuff here. Nice mashing of other mods.

I hope that with time I will earn experience and I will be able to replace most of the used mods by my own stuff.

cameraandtimescripts

That's not camera and time script. If I remember correctly, it allowed you to change the direction up to 180 degrees or had another feature I disliked. I began to make such a script from the scratch and got like 1/3 now (horizontal rotation).

Anyway, I've already uploaded the trailer I was referring to.

Jedi Academy Unleashed - Trailer by TheExile

@@Lord_Newbie

So did you learn how to work radiant yet? need a hand? theres a lot of tutorials here including a real nice beginner's tutorial with videos. Check those out, and check back in with any questions after making your adjoining rooms and what not from those tutorials. Feel free to PM me if you ever need help with something that you think i'd be able to help you with. What are you planning on doing next?

Also keep in mind that I'll be releasing any map objects and characters and stuff maps textures shaders everything that you'll probably ever need

which is actually lame...

maybe, here's an idea dude... why dont you.. make a tfu 2.5? double sabers and everything. I can show you how I worked out a "rage" mode and everything for a 2.5 I was theorizing how to do in jka. If you do decide to take that route... let me know. That would be really interesting to see and I'd be on board to help you with whatever (in reasonable time mind you i am busy) 

You wouldn't have to start anything over, except add on to the dual saber styles now and rather take a different route. would be sick dude i'd think about it... it would please the masses.

So.. I'd start that. If i were you, i'd get into mapping... finish that starkiller dual style and the dash and repulse and camera stuff... then... map your phreaking ass off dude. Like...kill kamino. It's a relatively simple map. kill that one the best you can... map cato nemoidia to look authentic. then, you will have people willing to jump onboard and help you through the rest. the people here appreciate effort which you obviously have put in. i personally appreciate it and am trying to help u out here. So as long as you finish him up, then kill a map for it or two, it will be believable to people that you're serious about finishing and we will all help you finish. i'm not a bad person to have helping you for things like characters to be honest with ya dude... I'd do it.

I'll grant you an arena gear version of my starkiller, my repulse, my evotrooper, and a beaten up proxy model (tfu2 style) for this mod if you decide to take this route.. 

Nice. Though I'm not a fan of remaking a better looking game in a worse looking game. Don't see the point. But this is looking pretty good.

The animations look like a N64 game for some reason. Maybe because everything seemed like it was happening too fast.

So did you learn how to work radiant yet? need a hand? theres a lot of tutorials here including a real nice beginner's tutorial with videos. Check those out, and check back in with any questions after making your adjoining rooms and what not from those tutorials. Feel free to PM me if you ever need help with something that you think i'd be able to help you with. What are you planning on doing next?

Thank you for you offer! The given links will be extremely useful for me.

I am working on reskinning Royal Guards I've just downloaded and wondering how to do lightning shield.

Also keep in mind that I'll be releasing any map objects and characters and stuff maps textures shaders everything that you'll probably ever need

which is actually lame...

I am not a kind of copy-cat. We both are making different mods. I am not gonna steal your work. I don't really think that it will be necessery for me to create any of these written above. Except for the maps  :) . And characters.

maybe, here's an idea dude... why dont you.. make a tfu 2.5? double sabers and everything. I can show you how I worked out a "rage" mode and everything for a 2.5 I was theorizing how to do in jka. If you do decide to take that route... let me know. That would be really interesting to see and I'd be on board to help you with whatever (in reasonable time mind you i am busy)

To be honest I've never liked TFU2. It was like someone was forced to do it, without any willingness. Short and quite stupid storyline, unnecessery powers that are three times stronger than in TFU1.

So... I don't say 'no', but first of all I gotta finish my base assets. Polish repulse, dash and stuff that would be useful in both versions. Then I will let you know, okay?

Nice. Though I'm not a fan of remaking a better looking game in a worse looking game. Don't see the point. But this is looking pretty good.

Well, I like both TFU and JK3. I am unable to play TFU on my PC (got also this on my XBOX360, but the TV is frequently 'taken'), since it's almost as old as me (my PC, not TFU  :lol: ). Both games are imho successful and I would love to see TFU in JK3 myself.

The animations look like a N64 game for some reason. Maybe because everything seemed like it was happening too fast.

It was happening too fast  :P. I will try to re/upload this vid / new one tomorrow, or perhaps on Sunday.

Circa likes this
  • 2 weeks later...