Level 7: Yun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mod has been pulled down from the public, you'll need to PM me if you want the latest copy. I still need to add these changes to the PK3 though as right now, it's just loose in my JKA dir. :P

Using dropbox for a while now, I posted about it. Right now, dropbox provides enough space for the build & source which is great though I like SVN better due to being able to revert files and whatnot.

I always liked this particular room in Dark Forces II. Maybe because it differed from most of other levels. Nar Shaddaa was more like dark city with graffiti. And Barons Hed is grey with no particular decorations, only scared citizens running around. Even after Jerec's Palace most locations are quite simplistic in their appearance.

The golden doors often puzzled me, whether they were indeed the doors, or like in Egypt - just imitations of them. Surely one door led to other halls and corridors of the Palace. Well, that's what we assumed for our project, when we made Barons Hed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

map looks amazing.  as an atheistic note, I would either a: add broken rock slabs to the top of the tab to simulate the map to the VotJ, or have the table destroyed and in pieces mixed with rock pieces. I believe in the original game map itself the table was destroyed and the cutscene show Yun doing that with his lightsaber.  Just my two cents really.

Still looks amazing.  :-)

The table was destroyable in the original, and level 8 started off with it destroyed.

What is seen in the videos takes priority over anything else, I think I've captured most of it. Thought one thing bothers me - how do those stormtroopers get in? They obviously don't get in from where Yun escapes.

That's the thing though. Kyle watches Yun go up the platform bit and then turns around to find stormtroopers near the table. However in the original map of level 8, they are at the platform which doesn't reflect what is seen in the video.