First Pre-alpha Release Info

Fighter

The first pre-alpha of OpenRP is currently in development. There is no date set in stone for when it will be released - it will be done when it is done. It will be a JKHub exclusive, and of course both the server side and the client side will be available for download.

therfiles likes this
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to be transferring the code to an OpenJK fork. I was planning on doing this later on, but I figure it'll be best to just do it before any public release to reduce any potential issues. This will also allow for more freedom in terms of development and perhaps will allow for some interesting features I've had in mind.

Circa likes this
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Version 0.0.1 (Pre-alpha) of OpenRP will be released shortly (either tonight or tomorrow) onto JKHub. Many of the mod's current features are documented in the documentation file that is included with the mod (or just look here).

Please note that as this is only a pre-alpha, there are bugs, some incomplete features, could be potential security issues regarding the database (although I feel there most likely isn't due to the methods with database-related code I used, but I have this warning here just to be safe. Note that for accounts on servers, please don't use a password you use elsewhere.), and many features which have yet to be implemented. Additionally, only client/server files for Windows (7 and above, no XP support) will be available for this first release, but we're hoping to include downloads for Linux server in future versions. (Although, you should be able to just compile an .so just fine since the mod is based off of OpenJK and I have done a little bit of work with testing for Linux in the past, but it has not really been tested a whole lot yet).

I will also setup a server for testing purposes. The IP of that server will be posted here once it's up.

therfiles likes this