New Saber Anims

Hi guys,

recently I got interested in modding JK3. I surely checked out some programs that would make it easier for me, did some basic stuff etc. Now got a question concerning animations: I've downloaded a mod named "Katanamaru Backhand Styles" from jk3filefront and as I've noticed these animations were assigned to a particular model, which was included. I would like these anims not to be unique to one model, but to few of em. I've edited the new humanoid file with Hex editor and it seemed to work fine until I typed the playermodel command, that leaded in receiving an error message.

As far as I've managed to notice, the model_default.skin file texturing this particular model has got different "parts of body" than other ones.

Is there any way to 'bypass' it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies guys, you're so quick o.O

Are you just wanting them to be the default animations? Or do you really want them to be assigned to specific models?

The 2nd variant. I want them to be assigned to the particular models, but not to the one that is included with the animpack.

Ahh, and by the way remapping a model is not an option.

One more time I attempted to, using hexeditor, assign these animations to a different model (Schroedinger's/Unsung's Galen Marek) with this effect:

playermodelcmd.jpg

(this weird model is a remapped stormtrooper)

And here's the hex editor screenshot:

HexeDitor.png

Here's the original model opened in hex editor:

HexeDitor_b4.png

It looks as the attached model has got a specific skeleton and the animations are adapted only for this special kind of the skeleton. I guess I will have to make animations myself. Thanks for the replies guys!

EDIT: Oh I actually found a pretty dumb way how to achieve it...

Well I'm here, but seems I'm too late.

What models are you trying to get the animations attached too? I had problems with one of the sith stalker models for some reason.

You have to hex edit both the model.glm and the _humanoid.gla that you want to use.

They both need to have the same path like my dbgalen and they both need _humanoid in the path.

models/players/_humanoid$$$$$/_humanoid$$$$$

$$$$ being the name you want.

Ohh, I still keep doing sth wrongly, since the solution written by you does not work, it might be fault of my hex editor, but I dunno.

And by the way, does any of you guys know this anim's name? I've displayed all of em in modview twice, but still I couldn't find this one.

anim1.jpg

anim2.jpg

Off hand not for certain but I'd look around:

s3_b_t_to_b

s3_v_t_to_b

Mainly anything saber related with a 3 since those are the red's animations. There is another file called anims.h that has all the animations names grouped together and explained. It would be more helpful at finding the correct name. I use it often.

thanks. ive completely forgotten about the source code. i will try using these tomorrow. oh, n by the way would you mind if i borrowed force push anim from your bh anims pack (i managed to assign a custom effect to urs, meanwhile mine launches the efx in a totally uncontrolled way, firing at random frames, in random directions) ?

thanks in advance

It looks as the attached model has got a specific skeleton and the animations are adapted only for this special kind of the skeleton. I guess I will have to make animations myself. Thanks for the replies guys!

EDIT: Oh I actually found a pretty dumb way how to achieve it...

How'd you get it to work? I've been having similar problems myself when importing JO models and animations.

How'd you get it to work? I've been having similar problems myself when importing JO models and animations.

Back then I imported all the animations with dragon through impframe cmd and compiled them using glamerge and regular jk3 humanoid.

Hex Editing didn't work because I added letters to the humanoid's location instead of replacing the empty data (00 / ..) (what leaded in receiving message that the skeleton is incompatible)

Back then I imported all the animations with dragon through impframe cmd and compiled them using glamerge and regular jk3 humanoid.

Hex Editing didn't work because I added letters to the humanoid's location instead of replacing the empty data (00 / ..) (what leaded in receiving message that the skeleton is incompatible)

Yeah, I got a similar problem when I tried increasing the path length through hex editing. Keeping the path length the same and modifying it (e.g. _humanoid to _humanJK2) didn't cause any errors, but the animations weren't getting parsed; it found the file and so it would load the model, but wouldn't find animations that did exist in the JO humanoid GLA file.

In my case, I think there are also a few differences between the file format, either with models, GLA files, or both (I'll do some testing later), and they need to be converted to work with JA. Galak_Mech from JO is another example. The model doesn't exist in base JA and paths don't need to be changed due to any conflict, but it still won't load the animations correctly.

Anyway, I'll see what I cam do with dragon. Thanks for the suggestion.

modifying it (e.g. _humanoid to _humanJK2)

You don't have to keep the path length the same. As long as there's some empty data to replace, you don't have to limit yourself with the length. I believe that "_humanJK2" will not work since "_humanoid" must be included in your path.

Look at my post at the first page with screenshots from Hex Editor. You can replace all/most of the dots that are right beyond the default path to humanoid.

didn't cause any errors, but the animations weren't getting parsed;

JK2 had another skeleton, more bones (except for the left hand tag) so some anims may not work.

Are you sure that you edited both your modified humanoid and target model?

Galak_Mech from JO is another example. The model doesn't exist in base JA and paths don't need to be changed due to any conflict, but it still won't load the animations correctly.

It will not work unless you interfere in the JA sp code (galak mech does not have his AI / class in JK3).

Anyway, I'll see what I cam do with dragon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Absolutely no problem. The impframe cmd should do it's job.

katanamaru likes this