Dialougue Menus

dio.PNG

This is something I've always wanted to implement into JA. The classic dialogue selectors (inspired from KOTOR) are something I've always wanted to bring to JKA. Above is a concept I've created a while back. Since then, I've found much more efficient ways of doing it. I'd love to maybe find places where this could be used and put it in JKA. For example, on t2_rouge (Coursant) it would be cool if you had the choice of what to say to Racto, the gang boss. You could use the following option "[Mind Trick] You will tell me what I want to know." in order to skip the droid battle, if your MT level is high enough. There are tons of possibilities for this. I wanna know - is this something you'd like to see? And if so, where and what could it be used for? This had the potential to be REALLY cool.

Well basically a tool like this allows you to turn jka into an RPG.  Nice because you can trigger scripts/events using this method.  For example: Talk to an npc about shuttle traveling to another planet.  Then after making your selection, you could have it load a new map/level based on what you select.  Etc...anything you wanna do pretty much.

JKG Developer

Im so annoyed by seeing his name everywhere that im about to animate a wampa doing unnatural things to his lifeless corpse as my sig

Rosh not eez

Nominated.

Well basically a tool like this allows you to turn jka into an RPG.  Nice because you can trigger scripts/events using this method.  For example: Talk to an npc about shuttle traveling to another planet.  Then after making your selection, you could have it load a new map/level based on what you select.  Etc...anything you wanna do pretty much.

My goal would definitely be this. Unfortunately, without all the .maps, I can't add many of the ents I'd need to really make it work, but I'll use scripts to do as much as I can :D!

Glad you guys are open to the prospect. I've been shut down many times when people use the arguments that this is an FPS and not RPG and the two should never be put together. Glad y'all disagree. :D

Circa likes this
  • 1 month later...

Back to the OT, what purpose would this serve in Gold Pack? Or am I missing something?

It would make the game feel more like you have control of your character, which is something Raven attempted and mostly failed at. This is really more of a discussion topic, not really a WIP. Unless @@therfiles has anything to show, I think we might need to move this to discussions.

How would that tie into the game at all though, given the current levels?

I'm not sure. We'd either change the current levels around a bit (adding new options) and make new ones. It's really just a brainstorm of what we could do. It definitely seems something that requires a lot of work.

• 5 months later...