Jedi Academy: Improved

I don't particularly like the idea of combining with that high resolution texture mod.

A lot of the textures look out of place, the image/file size and load time is way too high.

I'm all for high quality art including high resolution textures, but it must be done in moderation. You can resize a 1x1 solid colour image to 4096x4096, but that doesn't make it any higher quality.

You should also take into account other rendering effects, such as environment mapping, specular mapping, etc...but if you're going down that path, it might be worth using rend2 with physically-based rendering for realistic materials.

For reference, the high resolution texture pack being discussed is > 1gb and IMO the ingame quality does not match the file size or load times.

I figured someone would come out and say this. :P I'll clarify that we probably won't use all of Mr. Zz's textures. We'll probably work with him to cut down on the file size and such. You shouldn't have to worry about that. :)

Bek likes this

I figured someone would come out and say this. :P I'll clarify that we probably won't use all of Mr. Zz's textures. We'll probably work with him to cut down on the file size and such. You shouldn't have to worry about that. :)

+1 on that ;)

Circa likes this

How's the progress going, Circa? I'm thinking about touching up a few more sabers and go what I wanted to do for a while now, play SP through from start to finish. I'd very much love to try out your mod :D Also as soon as I finish the sabers, I'm starting on the weapons, if you have any suggestion, for example if you want me to do an E-11 or something, then tell me beforehand :)

How's the progress going, Circa? I'm thinking about touching up a few more sabers and go what I wanted to do for a while now, play SP through from start to finish. I'd very much love to try out your mod :D Also as soon as I finish the sabers, I'm starting on the weapons, if you have any suggestion, for example if you want me to do an E-11 or something, then tell me beforehand :)

I haven't touched this in months, but once my finals are done with this week, I plan on getting back to it, and revising it to fit the vision of this a little more. Though I may release how it is now separately, since I still like my original vision for it. I can send you the current version if you'd like.

I think @@eezstreet wants all the weapons remade, and I think @@Silverfang already started on a few. Perhaps either of them can weigh in here, since the weapons will be shared between both JKA and JK2.

Oh if that's the case, then allright, I'll focus on my original plan also and just do my own remakes, though you can still use any of them once they're done if you decide so. And yes please, send it to me! :) I'd be grateful!