Jedi Academy: Improved

Well this is a project I've been working on around the time I started modding. It started out as a small personal mod and started growing as I began to change the game more and more to what I believe is an improvement.

The goal of this mod was to improve upon different aspects of JA in all ways, usually starting with an annoyance or the thought "Wouldn't it be cool if it was like this instead?". So this project grew and grew, especially after being somewhat influenced by my Prequel Conversion Mod, but actually doing the opposite. To make the game more accurate to the original trilogy in some ways. Not all.

As of now it covers a lot of different things:

• Changing blaster effects (bowcaster, pistol, and turret bullets are red/repeater bullets are normal looking blaster bullets)
  • New NPC's to give more variety of characters (Selkath, Devronian, Aqualish, Gamorrean)
  • DT's Stormtrooper replaces the default stormies
  • Apollyon's Imperials replace the default ones
  • Replaced imperial saboteurs with Scout Troopers
  • Replaced imperial workers with imperial commandos
  • Added Rebel Commando to replace the rebel2 NPC
  • Replaced DEMP2 weapon with ion blaster
  • Disruptor is now black, to match Imperial style
  • Replaced Flechette with AshuraDX's Talon Kardde shotgun
  • Replaced Imperial Repeater with T-21 repeater

Temporary try-outs:

• Replaced Briar pistol with DH-17 blaster
  • Replaced blaster pistol with Imperial Pistol
  • Luke is now Toshi's Luke (it's temporary until I decide between Toshi's or my reskin of DT's)

And a few more minor things.

It's not finished obviously and I'm finally bringing this to the surface for this Gold Pack. Give me some feedback but keep in mind this did start out as a personal mod that I wasn't planning on releasing. Thanks to @@DT85 for the Stormtrooper and to @@AshuraDX for half of the replacements (Selkath, Devronian, Ion Blaster, Shotgun - great models!). I have already asked both of you for permission at some point, let me know if you want to recant your agreements.

Screenshots

therfiles, katanamaru and Bek like this

Looks pretty good, except for the human merc, his head looks awful :(.

The one in the picture is a Devronian. :P

Some bad UV's on them weapons causing stretching but other than that it looks good.

How so?

Where's the Scout trooper skin from? He looks different from the version I have.

It's Tyrael's reskin I believe.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Tyraels_Improved_Biker_Scout_V2;84867

I started makine a new stand that is a mix of the JO and JA stance. Once I get it done and approved by everyone here I plan on doing something I've been wanting to do for years: I'm going to remove the saber off animation. It's fine with singles and ok with duals, but the fact that a staff cuts through the body is just sloppy on Raven's part.

Circa likes this

I started makine a new stand that is a mix of the JO and JA stance. Once I get it done and approved by everyone here I plan on doing something I've been wanting to do for years: I'm going to remove the saber off animation. It's fine with singles and ok with duals, but the fact that a staff cuts through the body is just sloppy on Raven's part.

Nice! I actually did that the lazy way and just removed the lines in the animations.cfg (both the on and off ones). I want it to be like MP where it just comes on and off without that fancy little twirl. :P My method obviously can look weird when in the middle of running or fast transitions between other animations.

• 3 months later...

So I'm looking at this, seems like an interesting idea. Is this mod mostly cosmetic? (I'm thinking it may not conflict with mine too much if this is true, if a user wanted wanted to have both installed)

And in SP, I tried changing the staff saber-off animation, but since the one I used was shorter than the default it didn't seem to like that causing my anim to replay one and a half times through  :P .

So I'm looking at this, seems like an interesting idea. Is this mod mostly cosmetic? (I'm thinking it may not conflict with mine too much if this is true, if a user wanted wanted to have both installed)

And in SP, I tried changing the staff saber-off animation, but since the one I used was shorter than the default it didn't seem to like that causing my anim to replay one and a half times through  :P .

Yes, it's mostly cosmetic. It won't interfere with yours at all.

I might release a beta version separate of the Gold Pack soon so I can get more feedback.

• 3 months later...