The Dark Pastime

OlgO

• 2 weeks later...

@GPChannel

There are :) I just try to stay away from social activities in the web for now, but I do continue the work, though currently I have only a few hours on weekends. 

As for the actual works: we've checked everything within DP, but I installed the new version of GtkRadiant which doesn't want to compile lights on my new machine :( The old one works fine, but it's slower and prevents some things. 

An additional mapper+scripter would be good, but I'm pretty aware, that's not an option, as most people are either busy with their own projects or not working with maps, well. Also an additional modeller would be a great asset, as @Luckxzs seems to have disappeared. :) He did a wonderful job however with the model we'd wanted to add into DP, but there were a few others as well. Perhaps he would respond one day eventually.

Believe or not, but the maps for Chapter I as well as all other things are complete. I don't think I have anything else to fix there, it's just needs compiling of lights. :) A piece of cake perhaps, but still has complications, especially if you want to make them look right.

If you think you can help or you have questions, you can always PM me here.

TheWhitePhoenix and dg1995 like this
  • 1 month later...

Not much to report right now. I've tried to contact @redsaurus, about implementing OJP elements into DP gameplay, which are necessary for some things in the mod to work properly, but haven't received any responses just yet :) For instance the new AT-AT works without any glitches in OJp only :D

It is also a wonder, that with some of the updates, such as a newer version of GtkRadiant, which opens some of the maps in a peculiar way. I must say, that it only raises purely technical issues (which I might have to report here on the froums btw). For now everything seems to be in order with the maps themselves. I've cleaned the menus, changed the pics and gfx, as well as changed some things in the missions. 

dg1995, Kualan, Futuza and 1 other like this
  • 1 month later...

Not much to report right now. I've tried to contact @redsaurus, about implementing OJP elements into DP gameplay, which are necessary for some things in the mod to work properly, but haven't received any responses just yet :) For instance the new AT-AT works without any glitches in OJp only :D

"License: Other players may modify and share this work so long as they provide credit to the original author."

You don't need to ask author, he's already given a permission to everyone.

• 1 month later...

@Kadson

We decided to restrain ourselves from posting big news. In December people are usually busy preparing for Christmas, so were we last year! 

However during holidays I had some time to work on the map of the forest – this is the last map in the Chapter. I don't like the way our swamps and plants in the water look like. So I'm trying to fix it.

But we appreciate the interest and your waiting. And we are always open for discussing things. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

@Kadson

We decided to restrain ourselves from posting big news. In December people are usually busy preparing for Christmas, so were we last year! 

However during holidays I had some time to work on the map of the forest – this is the last map in the Chapter. I don't like the way our swamps and plants in the water look like. So I'm trying to fix it.

But we appreciate the interest and your waiting. And we are always open for discussing things. ;)

I too check this forum from time to time. But please, don't go for perfection. Plants and water can ALWAYS look even better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, you might have noticed my status question about native languages. It's not big secret, that it would be nice to have subtitles in different languages. So I guess someone would eventually translate them into other languages, well, if it's worth doing that :)

For the last 2-3 weeks I've been trying to check, how DP works with pure Jedi Academy and with other mods installed. The mod features would require OJP pre-installed, as we used some of JA engine specifics to the maximum. So with the original JA the mod would crash on certain levels. 

For now everything runs smoothly, and I am forming a pk3. Yes, it also takes time, becauce such a pack would include not just scripts, maps and textures, but also new models, sounds, additional shaders, effects (and gfx textures for them), as well as several other things. I had to run through it several times in order not to miss something important.

Yesterday I fixed the menu files: those who made *.MENU files by themselves,do know that in could be quite a mess, given that there are dozens of files (and we changed all the menus for the game in DP).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Compiling, compiling. 

This is the thing that I really hate about modding JA. Interestingly the process also takes place when you finish making a big and detailed map, and also depends on the machine you are using to do it.

The second aspect is that after the compile some bugs still come up and you have to fix them and then – compile the map again.

While this is the problem, indeed, there were other things, which we tried to change - menus, HUD and icons for instance, Being a vivid fan of Dark Forces II, I replaced the Force icons back with the original ones from DF2, where these abilities appeared for the first time in Star Wars games. The first versions were quite pixelated, but I recreated them from scratch in a vector form.

S4RhvoG.jpg

Smoo, Noodle, Ramikad and 7 others like this

Compiling, compiling. 

This is the thing that I really hate about modding JA. Interestingly the process also takes place when you finish making a big and detailed map, and also depends on the machine you are using to do it.

The second aspect is that after the compile some bugs still come up and you have to fix them and then – compile the map again.

While this is the problem, indeed, there were other things, which we tried to change - menus, HUD and icons for instance, Being a vivid fan of Dark Forces II, I replaced the Force icons back with the original ones from DF2, where these abilities appeared for the first time in Star Wars games. The first versions were quite pixelated, but I recreated them from scratch in a vector form.

S4RhvoG.jpg

Post an update on the same day E3's Microsoft/PC stuff is going down. Is this month starting to get interesting, or is it just me?

Lancelot likes this
  • 1 month later...

Compiling, compiling. 

S4RhvoG.jpg

Looks very interesting!

Any news btw? 

I don't want any haste.

But the pack is indeed complete, and I've uploaded it and send to two people to try. I'll send the pack for playing to a few more people until Sunday. That would be sort of a testing :)

My goal now is to make an exe file. And perhaps a minor mini-addition, if I'm lucky enough.

Hope you keep your promise mate about the pack and me :) <3 

Smoo and NumberWan like this

Great to read that the mod is still moving to completion.

BTW, I'm sure all of you know about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order coming in November. What are your thoughts on an already seen gameplay? IMO it looks far too console-like, clunky and led-by-the-hand and I'm much more looking forward to your mod than the new game.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong, things will be fleshed out untill release and both the mod and the new game will be worth playing.

Smoo likes this

Great to read that the mod is still moving to completion.

BTW, I'm sure all of you know about Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order coming in November. What are your thoughts on an already seen gameplay? IMO it looks far too console-like, clunky and led-by-the-hand and I'm much more looking forward to your mod than the new game.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong, things will be fleshed out untill release and both the mod and the new game will be worth playing.

looks like a force unleashed clone :P

Space Voyager likes this

I've already voiced my opinion on the Fallen Order in this topic. But I would say, we'll have to wait. :)

In any case thanks for the kind words about DP. Our project is merely a mod, an addition to the game. But I think Jedi Academy stands out among many other Star Wars projects, as it is still remembered by many. And has its own loyal fans.

Meanwhile I completed the cutscene – now the mod has an intro. It would be most likely included into the pack. It needs a small fix, but it's not serious.

Still waiting for all the primary testers to complete the pack. Then I'll send the pack to a few other people to check it one last time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, has anyone been having problems with dismemberment in Dark Pasttimes? It works ok with autoexec.cfg in single player, and works in OpenJK after console commands. Inside DP it unfortunately doesn't work... If anyone knows how to solve it, I'd be really gratefull 

On 1/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, rexege8195 said:

Guys, has anyone been having problems with dismemberment in Dark Pasttimes? It works ok with autoexec.cfg in single player, and works in OpenJK after console commands. Inside DP it unfortunately doesn't work... If anyone knows how to solve it, I'd be really gratefull 

I've never heard of anything like that, however there could be minor restrictions with a few characters (there is an older Droid model on Ord Mantell, which can't be cut into pieces per se). Most NPCs are original or newer ones, but with no dismemberment restrictions.

DP uses OpenJK as a base for a smooth run. 

• 2 years later...