The Dark Pastime

OlgO

After some consideration and a few comments from people, I decided that we might need a small news hub for the project.

Thus we opened a channel for the DP in telegram, which you can enjoy right here or below.

dpchannel_zpsg1dal2lq.png

It includes the latest short news, small messages, comments, stories and screenshots, regarding the mod development. You'll be able to check it only, if you have the messenger though.

General large announcements will still be posted here and on moddb. ;)

After some consideration and a few comments from people, I decided that we might need a small news hub for the project.

Thus we opened a channel for the DP in telegram, which you can enjoy right here or below.

dpchannel_zpsg1dal2lq.png

It includes the latest short news, small messages, comments, stories and screenshots, regarding the mod development. You'll be able to check it only, if you have the messenger though.

General large announcements will still be posted here and on moddb. ;)

Interesting. I'd be keen to follow daily updates as you know I'm a fan of this mod, however I don't like the idea of signing up to Telegram as it is mandatory to provide a phone number it seems. Would you consider using something like Discord instead?

Jeff and swegmaster like this

I thought of using something else, like maybe making a webpage-like hub or maybe a twitter, but I saw how telegram channels work, so it was the primary reason, why I decided to rely on it. :) At least for now I would like to give it a try. It's very easy to use as well.

Discord sounds familiar. I might use it concurrently with the telegram channel, sending small infos and pics there, if it won't require too much from us. ;)

TheWhitePhoenix and Kualan like this

@@NumberWan, I'm glad you're doing this and showing more of what's been completed. A friend of mine who made JKA machinima back in the day is a HUGE Dark Side/Imperial guy, and he is literally fanboying over your work on that Ancient Sith Lord. I am DEFINITELY looking forward to this myself, with great anticipation. You guys are showing that yes, JKA mods for Single Player CAN STILL BE COMPLETED. :D

@

Oh, thanks! That's very nice of you and we really appreciate all the support from our friends and fans. I am glad, you enjoyed the Sith Lord. There are two stories about him, which make him stand out among the characters – one is undoubtedly is the already mentioned backstory about his persona and his name, while the other one – is how he was created for DP in the first place.

I am still thinking, which method is better to make short news, because they just keep coming, and I make updates at least once per day in the new channel. Not everyone can read them though, as it requires an app to get information from us. :)

TheWhitePhoenix likes this
  • 6 months later...

Summer is a nice time to travel, enjoy sunny weather, etc, etc. For me this season was a bit different, but still I worked on the maps for Chapter I. While it was mostly about fixing the textures or shaders, maybe some scripts, polishing locations, we found another bunch of bugs, coming right from the Jedi Academy. Currently we managed to fix most of them. :)

This is just a reminder, that during the warm season we didn't disappear. We continued working on DP, both on the main aspects, as well as other things in the mod. I'll post more about this in a few days.

GPChannel, Kualan, Raz0r and 2 others like this
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of you might have already seen, that we are testing the maps right now. The process takes longer than we expected, but I'll post any new information here.

I must say, that we had to split one very large (and intense) map into two, because JA won't process it correctly.

For now, Chapter I would include maps from this locations:

-Imperial Ship

-Ord Mantell

-Imperial planet of Dvorn

-Coruscant

We also changed the main and other menus of the game. During our work, we learnt, that some of the aspects are encoded within JA and cannot be changed, yet we found a comrpomise. :)

Jeff, Kualan, dg1995 and 2 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. ;)  You might want to contact lang_french, who is responsible for the translation of most mods here, on JKHub. He also wanted to make an addon with voices for the mod, but I want to polish all things in the Chapter first.

As for the progress - I'm waiting for the colleagues to finalize the testing of all the maps for the first part. Some are quite tricky, and there were a few really bad instances, regarding JA engine, which we managed to fix. But not all of them just yet.

Interesting, that I upgraded machines, but for reasons unknown we have to split the map building between members of the team, due to a strange stuff, that I can't open some maps, saved by a friend of mine, on any of my PCs. They run just fine, when playing in JA, but opening them in GTK Radiant sometimes causes errors. So I had to switch to other maps, for other chapters, as well as models and texturing.

Due to big deals at work, I am not that active regarding posting news, but we work on DP when we have time.

Sorry for not being too informative on this matter.

dg1995, GPChannel, Jeff and 2 others like this
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone!

I was sooo busy at work in recent months, that I wasn't able to be too active on the forum or Star Wars at all! :(

The good news is that I had time to work on the maps, including those, which aren't in Chapter I. I also redesigned the menus (Main menu, Load Menu, Settings, etc), as well as made alterations to the Sabers menu - this is the most difficult part, as I want to make it look the same in structure, but different in design and aesthetics. 

I might have mentioned, that you'll be able to change the hilt at special stations, such as this one on Coruscant.

shot0268_zpsq8qcits0.jpg

Hi, everyone!

I was sooo busy at work in recent months, that I wasn't able to be too active on the forum or Star Wars at all! :(

The good news is that I had time to work on the maps, including those, which aren't in Chapter I. I also redesigned the menus (Main menu, Load Menu, Settings, etc), as well as made alterations to the Sabers menu - this is the most difficult part, as I want to make it look the same in structure, but different in design and aesthetics. 

I might have mentioned, that you'll be able to change the hilt at special stations, such as this one on Coruscant.

shot0268_zpsq8qcits0.jpg

While that's awesome to hear, you guys might wanna chance your photo preview platform. Photobucket went to shit in recent years. Still, that's awesome to hear especially if you want hilt variety. :D

• 3 months later...