Please help, the ISP is taking ovah!

Go to solution Solved by Onysfx,

Hey I need some help. Just recently, less than 12 hours ago, my internet has been acting weird, for no apparent reason.

I can still browse chrome and what not just fine. But now, I can no longer connect to jka servers or MBII servers. Same with Halo CE, I can't get a list of any servers. I can't download anything with utorrent, nor can I connect to any servers on project64k online. I can still download things normally from chrome, watch youtube videos, but I can't do any of those things I just mentioned.

Luckily, I can load up a list of master servers on project64k. However, for every single one of them, even the american servers, the ping is 1000m/s, and I can't connect to any of them.

I tried doing the same things I mentioned above on another laptop in my house, but ended up with the same results.

I don't understand what's going on. Can anyone help?

My ISP is bell, if that means anything.

Windows + R

Type in cmd

Press Enter

Type in "ipconfig /flushdns"

Press Enter

Type in "ipconfig /release"

Press Enter

Type in "ipconfig /renew"

Press Enter

Ping server, check if working.

If still doesn't work, disable your local area connection (either via unplugging or by disabling network adapter) to router.  Unplug router.  Wait 10 seconds.  Plug router back in.  Enable network adapter again.  Attempt to ping a server see if fixed.

If still not working, bypass router, plug directly into wall, repeat ipconfig /flush dns and try again.

If still not working type in "netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.200" substituting 192.168.0.1 stuff for a new static ip that would fit on your network (usually adjusting the number by 2-3 is fine).

Then repeat the release renew and flush dns steps and try again.  To revert static ip back to dns assignment use this "netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" dhcp".

If still not working, contact ISP support group.  Make sure you don't have any vpns or proxy ip software enabled.

therfiles likes this

JKG Developer

@@Darth Futuza

Tried the ipconfig stuff, didn't work. Unfortunately, right now I can't disconnect my router, I wish I could.

I also tried running xfire, it won't connect to the server either.

I pinged AOD_pandemonium, and got a reply, so that is working. But whenever I try to connect ingame jka, I'll just get the "Awaiting connection...1...2...3...4...5...

modems, routers, firewalls, ports that need opening, its usally one of those or all of the above, I had to port forward through my router to get JA to work again online, also on a side note, check the fireware on the router for updates, most of them provide bug fixes or stability enhancements