• Hip hop with 3 years.
    • Jazzin' it up with 4.
    • Impressin' with 5.
    • Crazy with 6.
    • Legit with 7 years.
    • Legendary with 8.
    • Master haxor with 9.
    • One beeping decade!
    • Other (Please tell us your personal JKA story)

I been playing JKA for ten years? *with no breaks or stopping like most players do* holy crap.
Next I need a time machine to send my past self a letter to say a few things...mainly treat "Master Neo" with better respect for the game & "Blood Fread" who taught me the ways of JA+ is always better then silly base.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I played thsi game a solid 2 years on Xbox Live. Right up until it was shutdown. It was like I lost my favorite multiplayer. I could never make the jump to PC because I was getting pretty good on a controller. Recently I spent hours looking into JA PC and found a program that allows me to use my 360 controller. Now just trying to relearn old tricks. I miss having voice chat tho, and a sensei. I liked belonging somewhere. It was more than just a game, it was a community. Now I am trying to find a place to belong on PC hopefully.

I played thsi game a solid 2 years on Xbox Live. Right up until it was shutdown. It was like I lost my favorite multiplayer. I could never make the jump to PC because I was getting pretty good on a controller. Recently I spent hours looking into JA PC and found a program that allows me to use my 360 controller. Now just trying to relearn old tricks. I miss having voice chat tho, and a sensei. I liked belonging somewhere. It was more than just a game, it was a community. Now I am trying to find a place to belong on PC hopefully.

There's still a few active clans. Not as many and not as active as before, but I'm sure they would love to have you.

I got into the Jedi Knight Series when a friend showed me Jedi Outcast. Got Jedi Academy on or shortly after release.

And what did I actually finish in those 10 years? In terms of maps I only remember that Ord Mantell Canyon map and an imperial themed map that was way too big. Then there's one released lightsaber and one playermodel. I don't remember really finishing anything else... Sad, really. I did learn a lot though.

I can't believe it, but it's been 10 years for me as well. I was a fan from the start, though I made pauses in admiring this wonderful game. Jedi Outcast seem to be more up to my taste though, and Dark Forces II is actually one of my favourites, not JA. =)

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine introduced me to it years ago on Xbox.  I immediately wanted to buy it, but I've never owned an Xbox and for some reason there were no cheap PC copies.  But a couple of years ago I found it pretty cheaply on Amazon, and I got it. I'm sooooooooo glad I bought the PC version; modding is half the fun!

Oops, so I guess I lied about playing for 8 years. Does dreaming about playing it count?

Circa likes this

Wow, nice work! I am playing ratchet and clank 2 with my PS2 emulator just that days. pity filefront not work for Italy so i cannot download the file. i have a friend that love ratchet and clank series. XD

Is a great modder carrier. all my respects. :)

mmm a inuyasha mod too, i have an hotaku friend that i suppose can like :D Can yu make that's 2 mod downloadable for me , pleasde? :(

eh, i know JA by 2003 . so i played for ten years. but only in the last 2 i begin to male really some good work.

... i played JO Only this years. lol very beauty game! at the end i told "WTF? is already ended???"

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been playing for 3-5 years on and off.

A friend said I might like the game, so I tried it out. First I played on a japlus server, I think it was a clan server called 'JA Phoenix' or something. On there, I met a fellow Australian and added him on xfire, he took me to a clan's lugormod server, !!BOSS!!. I played there for a while, and I even wanted to join the clan at one point... but alas, sabers are not my thing, especially not at 400 ping.

After a while I lost interest.

And then I regained interest and started playing makermod and got into modding the game, at which point I met an Australian coder on the JKFiles forums, who directed me to the jacoders community and IRC channel.

I don't think anyone liked me there, but I stuck around and learned absolutely nothing. 2 years later and I still can't code.

Now I just sit around in the #JACoders IRC channel, come up with cool ideas for projects, fork OpenJK, rename the project, and then go and play counter-strike and forget about it.

I understand pointers now, so I guess I did learn something!

I've only been playing for 3-5 years on and off.

A friend said I might like the game, so I tried it out. First I played on a japlus server, I think it was a clan server called 'JA Phoenix' or something. On there, I met a fellow Australian and added him on xfire, he took me to a clan's lugormod server, !!BOSS!!. I played there for a while, and I even wanted to join the clan at one point... but alas, sabers are not my thing, especially not at 400 ping.

After a while I lost interest.

And then I regained interest and started playing makermod and got into modding the game, at which point I met an Australian coder on the JKFiles forums, who directed me to the jacoders community and IRC channel.

I don't think anyone liked me there, but I stuck around and learned absolutely nothing. 2 years later and I still can't code.

Now I just sit around in the #JACoders IRC channel, come up with cool ideas for projects, fork OpenJK, rename the project, and then go and play counter-strike and forget about it.

I understand pointers now, so I guess I did learn something!

Weren't you also part of (JAWA) at one point?