Menu

DT85

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Maybe something similar, but higher quality and leave some JA aspects in it.

Or implement @@therfiles' method of map menus.

My favorite part of those menus were the shots of the desk where you can see some his equipment and stuff and books. That was so legit. Maybe you could model those and make a map of his room or whatever and have each "menu" go to different parts of the room.

DT85 and NumberWan like this

Hmm. Maybe something similar, but higher quality and leave some JA aspects in it

Or implement @@therfiles' method of map menus.

My favorite part of those menus were the shots of the desk where you can see some his equipment and stuff and books. That was so legit. Maybe you could model those and make a map of his room or whatever and have each "menu" go to different parts of the room.

This sounds cool. Maybe you can make that into a map and we can have some sweet camera pans and stuff :P

DT85 likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm wanting to use new ones, and I'd like some concept ideas from everyone here about what they would like to see.

P.S Models can be shown with almost no load time lag and with shaders, but no lighting.

I had a concept, but I am unsure how possible it is.

We all know the JKII menu screen with the saber parts, manuals and whatnot. Would it be at all possible to render those in 3D, as a background? like an active 3D background, instead of a picture?

I know one can put a .mov or somethingrather file in the menu, as evidenced by JKA's menu. Perhaps, we could make a larger filmed file with a loop, that gives the impression of a 3D menu, while not actually being one?

What do you think? Contrary to several opinions, I believe a game's menu is part of the experience, and should be treated with the same love and care as the rest of the game.

DT85 likes this
  • 2 months later...