Menu

DT85

• 2 years later...

Considering how we're pushing everything forward wouldn't it be a good idea to make all the UI support 16:9 resolutions?

I'm sure if we took a poll of this site we'd find very few people are still using a 4:3 monitor. I'm not saying completely get rid of it but definitely prioritize the creation of assets so that 16:9 UI is put before 4:3.

• 2 weeks later...

Took things for a spin using regular OpenJK (since the compile is getting fixed for OpenDF2). Fun stuff. I would say that the levels felt dark, but then again I didn't adjust my brightness at all. The pacing is definitely different from Jedi Knight, but I like it. It gives something different that is still familiar. I didn't finish any particular level aside from the Yun fight, but I had a lot of fun.

Inventory:

rleyc7.png

Seeker for some reason, doesn't spawn so probably will just leave it out of the game by not having it as a pickup. Other than that, the inventory is fully functional along with keybinds in the menu. Give all cheat will also give you all items, just like Outcast.

Made the new game map load and other map load bar graphics seperate:

rw5rgi.png

x4i2o4.png

I've also made the "a long time ago" text larger. Ignore the "LOADING" line, just debug stuff that's not present in a release build. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The final bit of the datapad:

23w1d0o.png

@@Psyk0Sith Could you please make a new, PBR version of Kyle?

P.S

Disabling any resolutions but 720p & 1080p in the setup menu. Everything just gets too skewed on 4:3. Of course players can still type "r_mode <number>", but it won't be supported ui-wise and will contain glitches.

minilogoguy18 likes this