FEATURE: First Person Melee

DT85

Lol yeah, it auto snaps in base JKA to third person view like the saber does. :P

I wanted to keep to the original DF2 game, while also providing the player a last ditch weapon if all ammo is gone. Df2 mod's version of the stun baton. :P

In DF2, I had bad aim on my first run through nar shaddaa, so I constantly found myself switching to melee. Will you be including grappling? Possibly even advanced melee combat somewhat like in MBII? Or are you going to stick to authentic melee at the moment?

@@Stoiss

First person sabers would be possible in theory, but there's a sh*t ton of animations that would need to be done for first person.

I honestly don't like first person sabers in JO and don't really see the need for it. Melee is different, it's just two animations and all you're doing is punching lol. :P

@@Onysfx

The saber combat will most likely stick to JKA default. For force powers, some might be not used, haven't exactly planned that out yet. Everything will be learnt like JO.

There probably won't be any dual sabers or double-bladed sabers. Expect a DF2 story, with a JO kind of gameplay (guns mixed with sabers). You will have bacta, light amp goggles and binocs at your disposal. :)

hhunter6 likes this

@@Stoiss

First person sabers would be possible in theory, but there's a sh*t ton of animations that would need to be done for first person.

I honestly don't like first person sabers in JO and don't really see the need for it. Melee is different, it's just two animations and all you're doing is punching lol.  :P

@@Onysfx

The saber combat will most likely stick to JKA default. For force powers, some might be not used, haven't exactly planned that out yet. Everything will be learnt like JO.

There probably won't be any dual sabers or double-bladed sabers. Expect a DF2 story, with a JO kind of gameplay (guns mixed with sabers). You will have bacta, light amp goggles and binocs at your disposal. :)

So are using JKA for this or Jedi Outcast for the mod? Will the amp goggles and binocs work in JKA?

• 1 year later...

If there's a 3rd and 1st person view for a blaster, can't it be just copied for the lightsaber? and I may be wrong but I thought there was a FP saber mod for JK2.

I personally didn't like first person lightsaber in JK2, I think 3rd person only is good enough. :)

Anyways, this topic is about first person melee not first person lightsabers. :P

Yeah, Kyle throwing an elbow to the face then grabbing them behind the head and pulling 'em down/forward for a few knees to the face!

• 2 years later...